Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Lineage and Impact Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a BEx report on top of virtual providers in BW

Established connection, created universe (UDT/IDT) using Bex report and created WebI report.

After running the integrator jobs in CMC for BO server and BW server (Integrator Sources).

When I check for Data lineage and impact for WebI Report in Metadata management. System shows "There is No lineage or Impact".

but when I check lineage for BEx report. I could see lineage from BEx report ->Virtual providers-> Underlying Objects DSOs -> Source systems.

How data lineage and impact is displayed ? and in this scenario how to display data lineage and impact for Webi Report?

BR

Nethaji Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got how to get data lineage and impact..

To check data lineage at least one complete data refresh in BO report (data movement) should happen from source system till BO report and integrator job needs to be refreshed.

Goto metadata management select the BO report and select view lineage,

Data lineage will displayed from report to source across applications/systems.

To check impact analysis

Goto metadata management select table -> field and check for view impact, it will display where this field is used and where changes to this field will impact from source to report across applications/systems.We can also define user defined impact relationship by adding objects to object tray and establish impact/lineage relationship.

Answers (0)