cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jcontrol.exe "License check failed" with "SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to get a new installation of "SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version" running.

jcontrol.exe fails to start (after about 30 minutes or so) with the error "Stopped, License check failed". This is a brand new system with:

Database: Installed by NetWeaver (MAXDB)

RAM: 3GB

JDK: 1.4.2_09 (this is the specific recommended version)

I suspect this may not be a license error, but some kind of configuration or setup error. Is it possible that this trial has completely expired? I set the system date back, but that didn't seem to help. I don't see anywhere to put a license code in. I'm sure I could get the right license code if necessary, but I'd like to understand exactly what I need before I approach my boss or my company's SAP contact.

Thanks for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giesen,

how are you doing ?

the license can be installed using Visual Admin

server -> Licensing Adapter

and add the license key

usually 2 licenses are required:

1> WebAS

2> Enterprise Portal

this is what i use for the regular version (non preview), but the concept should be similar

if you do not find the licensing adapter, please let me know, and we could look at the next possible option

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run the Visual Administrator.

I get the dialog "Connect to SAP J2EE Engine"

I select the only option, "Default" and click Connect

I get the error

"Unable to lookup connection Default

http://systemname:8100/msgserver/text/logon returned empty list of connection parameters"

When I manually enter that URL I get a simple page that only says "version 1.0".

I know this is a newbie question. I am extremely new to SAP. But I would really appreciate any help on how to get this working. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giesen,

how are you doing ?

thank you for the 'helpful answer' reward points.

i am not aware of the trail version yet, but usually the portal is accessible via port 50XXXX onwards

if u're system number is 00

look for port 50000

http:// sysname :50000/msgserver .....

also can you log on to the portal using the web browser ?

http://sysname:port/irj/portal

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am going to explain as clear as possible:

1. Connect to to SAP Console Root, where you can see the properties of the server you want to connect, concretly SERVER -> CURRENT STATUS -> GENERAL INSTANCE INFORMATION. Here you can see the name of the host you are going to use.
  2. Restart the server if is shut down.
  3. Ensure the server is running, and after that execute \usr\sap\UC1\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat
  4. Create a new connection, choose "Direct Connection To a Dispatcher Node" option. Here you have to use the user and password configured for the installation and with permissions of administrator (it appears as default), and port uses to be 5xx04, where XX are the digits that composes the name of this directory usr\sap\'machine'\JCXX
  5. Test connection after setting the right password.
  6. If the connection is OK, you will be able to see the tree directory where Licences can be visible in its own service.

Good luck.

Answers (0)