cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAP Lumira extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to develop a complex extension in SAP Lumira and SAP Web IDE with external libraries.

Everything is working great on the IDE, the extension can install properly but when I want to use it my extension doesn't appear in the section of extension.

I really don't know why because my others extensions work great.

Someone have any idea? what is the possible cause of my problem?

Thanks by advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

This is probably happening because of the way that external libraries are being called in Web IDE, is different from that in Lumira.

For example, let's say your external library is topojson.v1.min.js.

If you are calling it in Web IDE like this:

'topojson.v1.min'

then you should change that to this before you test it in Lumira:

'../sap/bi/bundles/sap/viz/ext/nameOfExtension/topojson.v1.min'

You can check this example for reference.

As I mentioned, the reason for this is that the structure of how external libraries are called is different for Web IDE and Lumira.

In Web IDE, the file structure is shown below, where you only have to call the file name without the .js extension

In Lumira it is: ../sap/bi/bundles/companyName/viz/ext/extensionName/externalFileName

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Annie,

At first, thank you for your help!

I have use your example and your explanation to realize my extension but it still don’t work. I don’t understand why.

Can you please check ? Will be really nice. Still working on SAP Web IDE but nothing happen in SAP Lumira

Waiting for your response.

Thanks by advance !

Best regards,

Clément Zalambani.

former_member183462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Try putting the external file freewall.js in the same folder as the train-bundle.js file (in the train folder). For example, in this screenshot, I have put the external file mideurope.json.js to be on the same level as powerflowmaps-bundle.js. Which means, I put it in the powerflowmaps folder.

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

I already try this but still don't work ....

I'm really desperate... maybe i will don't use this library ...

In case of you want to try it yourself, just give me your mail and i will send you my pack.

Thanks for your help,

Clément.

0 Kudos

Hi Clément,

Did you try the solution that I have provided ?

Regards,

Maaz

0 Kudos

Hi Clément,

Were you able to solve your issue?

Regards,

Maaz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

I had a similar issue. Like Annie pointed out, the folder structure in Web IDE and Lumira are different. But, I solved it in a generic sense by realizing that files get loaded relative to the extension's "extension_name-src" folder.

I have a folder called "lib" parallel to the "extension_name-src" folder. I load the library in my render.js like this

define("my_test_viz-src/js/render", ["require", "lib/topojson.v1.min"],function(require, topojson) { ...

Also, I have a requirement to load JSON files. I have done it in this way:

var jsonPath = require.toUrl("my_test_viz-src/data/states.topojson");

d3.json(jsonPath, function(data) {

});

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Maaz

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Use VizPacker to open and pack the extensions. Re-Install those extensions into C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\extensions\ and restart Lumira. You can also refer to SAP Lumira 1.31 – SAP Help Portal Page

Thank you,

Varun Anand