Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing User parameter on a Mass basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to remove some parameters assigned to users in SU01 record on a mass basis using SU10 transaction.In SU10, as soon as i click on save i get an error message saying "Parameter does not exists". In USR05 table it shows that the parameter is there.Removing this parameter individually in SU01 is not feasible as there 60,000 users.

Appreciate if anyone can tell me if there is any SAP function module/Note to remove this parameter from all the users.

Thanks!!

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell us what the parameter is that you are trying to remove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parameters are :

F03

PI_VAR_WL_WRK

PI_VAR_WL_CHK

PI_VAR_WL_CLS

and i'm trying to remove them from users in BW,APO systems.

0 Kudos

Are you trying to remove the params via a CUA master in a non-BW or APO system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No..We do not have a CUA..

I was trying to use SU10.

0 Kudos

A few years back there was an issue with an invalid parameter value 'X' and SAP released OSS note in order to remove the parameter from all users. The note contained the following ABAP code:

&----

*& Title: Customer report to delete entries from table USR05 *

&----

report zcleanx.

tables usr05.

delete from usr05 where parid = 'X'.

This deletes the parameter from all users.

Note 87386 - User parameter: Senseless value 'X'

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Modify the above report to remove the parameters you listed.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Ah, if you had CUA, there can be problems with centrally managing PIDs, though there are a few ways around this.

Looks like Ben's solution is a good one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah..this Note appears to be a good one.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

Well,it seems this Note is not applicable to our system.

We are running on Basis 6.20 (APO & BW systems)..

Is there an upgraded version of this Note??

0 Kudos

Alpesh,

The note may not show to be applicable because the issue with the 'X' parameter has been resolved. However it looks as though the solution will still work because parameters are still stored in the same table.

As always any custom program should be tested in a sandbox as necessary for verification.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos

Ben,

You are right..

I was just thinking that while we were upgrading from 4.6 to 6.2, this object (ZCLEARX in the SAP Note) might have got introduced into the system.I checked it using SE38 but could not find it.

As we have very tight deadlines (lot of approvals), i was wondering if there is any program/function modules that can do my job.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I'm not aware of a standard way to perform what you what you are looking for.

Also, programs/objects that begin with x, y and z are in the customer name space and thus should not be included in SAP upgrades.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is another quick and dirty way to do this, but should not be encourage. I am going to post it here, just as nice to know if you really need it. You can edit the USR05 table content directly thru SE16N using &sap_edit. Make sure you have full dubug auth in S_DEVELOP (01, DEBUG).

Remember, I don't recommend it!

Thanks,

Lye

0 Kudos

Well, its our production system where we need to do this and this method will not be approved..

Anywayz thanks!!

0 Kudos

why is deleting entries from USR05 using SE16N not recommended?

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure that all the users(you entered in SU10) have all the parameter you wentered in parameters page for removing?

If its not then the message seems genuine to me.

You can try this perhaps

Say you need to remove a parameter A, now go to SE16 and for field name "PARID" give the parameter name there and get the list of users and now run the SU10 for these set of users.

You shouldnt be getting the message parameter not existing as they all have the parameter and u can remove then.

If the problem still persists then its bug and migth need some fix.

It worked in SAP 4.6.

Hope this helps

Manohar

0 Kudos

I did it in exactly the same way as you have stated, still i was getting that error message.