Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install local NW 7.5 on laptop

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to install a local instance of NW 7.5 (java stack) for development purpose...

Is there any step-by-step guide for dummy ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Sorry, I have no dummy document in hand at the moment, but you can also try the below link to get an idea about the AS Java Stack Installation.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

After opening the link kindly scroll down and expand

1. Installaion-SAP Netweaver Systems

2. Click on Installation: Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher

3. As per your Operating System/Database Section, kindly click on Java Link

Hope this Guide will help you with useful information.

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I already went there, but it's quite technical and detailed...

I'm not a basis guy, only a developer, that's why I asked a guide for dummy

I will try to get some help from our basis team, but they are quite busy off course, and already told me they never did this (local installation from scratch on laptop...)

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think first step is to install a DB, like for example MaxDB ?

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

Yes, Indeed you need to determine the OS and Database first.

In your case as you have described it will be MAXDB. After installing the DB you need to initiate the Installation of SAP System.

I have further checked and found the below link for you. Although it's not for 7.5 but you can consult this document. It is for 7.4.

Let me know if it is helpful. I will still recommend you to take at least one BASIS Guy with you .

Best of Luck

Thanks and Regards

Anurag

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag, but finally I think (or hope) I will not have to do this boring exercise, I got admin rights on our sandbox system, so it should be enough for the moment I think

Perhaps if I found time, I will try anyway to perform this task...

Regards

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the Information.  . Have a nice day.

Regards

Anurag

Answers (0)