Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcenter: Empty storage bins not displayed

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

does anyone know a possibility, to display empty storage bins in SAP EWM workcenter (/SCWM/PACK)?

I have to move the HU in the WC from one storage bin to another. This is not possible, when one of them is empty and not displayed in the tree control.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Best Regards,

Mario Ecker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

where is this empty bin? In the work center you see

- the bin which is directly connected to the work center (in transaction /SCWM/TWORKST)

- the bins in the inbound and the outbound section (which you assign in the work center definition in customizing).

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In /SCWM/TWORKST, there is no bin connected.

We are using the workcenter for quality inspection. (/SCWM/QINSP) There are 5 storage bins and right now on 2 storage bins, there is no stock. I select this 5 bins on the selection screen in /SCWM/QINSP. I just miss the 2 bins without stock. When I move a HU with /SCWM/ADHU to the missing bin, the bin will be displayed in the workcenter.

So I think, that the tree is filtering empty storage bins.

Kind Regards,

Mario Ecker

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"In /SCWM/TWORKST, there is no bin connected."

Not sure if you can work properly at all.

What are you trying to do? OK, move the material to another bin. But why? I don't think the process you want to do is meant to be done in a work center...

Brgds

Juergen

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats right, i also think so. But it would be the easiest way to book the material during the quality inspection from one bin to another. Our Quality Inspectors are working in SAP ERP QM, we are using the QIE integration.

We are aiming, that the quality inspector is just authorized for /SCWM/QINSP in SAP EWM.

We have to move the material, because the material has to store by -18°C. Our employee has to move the material from the -18°C bin to a storage bin +5°C(according to the quality instruction). In background, the system calculate an expiring date depend on the time at +5°C.

The only way I found is to create an Dummy-HU and lock this HU. So the bin is never empty.

But I would prefer to enhance the workcenter instead of the Dummy-HU.

Best Regards,

Mario

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

so no bin is assigned to the work center? OK, that could only be one. In case of QM, well, yes, you do not really do much in the work center, so probably at first you do not get an error message. But sooner or later you want to create the WT for putaway, don't you? I guess then you have to have a bin.

For the other thing you are trying to do: the work center shows bins in the inbound and the outbound section, also when they are empty. Maybe you should look into this. But: if you then move the HU with drag and drop from one bin to another, the HU is moved, that means there is no open WT anymore. Is that what you want? Does the quality inspector just have to enter this in the work center and the physical movement is already done or is simply then done by him? Or do you need someone to receive a WO and do the physical movement?

Brgds

Juergen

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, the empty bin is not the problem. The problem is, that this bin is not displayed and so I can´t move the HU to this bin with drag and drop. The quality inspector does this physical movement directly by the work center. He only has to take the material out of an cold storage cell.

I already know the problem. I have 2 different storage types. If I would assign a bin to the workcenter, the empty storage bins of this storage typ is displayed. But if I assign no storage typ to the workcenter, just the non empty selected bins are displayed.

I need this 2 storage types, because I need 2 storage locations for the 2 EWM bins in SAP ERP.

So I think I have to do the workaround with the DUMY-HUs.

Best Regards,

Mario Ecker

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario Ecker,

Work center to storage type relationship is always 1:1. If you want to use two storage types ,please check the possibility to work with two work centers.

BR,

C K Reddy

Answers (0)