Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO Delivery split due Storage Location with different address number

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

as quick premise, i'm not a functional guy but i try to solve the issues.

I'm facing a little problem: when i create a STO with 2 items, each one with its own Storage Location and process it via VL10B, i got 2 different deliveries due the different address number of the S. Location even if the address is phisically the same (same street, number and so on).

This is a standard behavior as per note 2271056 and i can understand it.

The question is: there is a way to avoid it?
As abaper the solution i got in mind is: at save of my STO, check the delivery address and, if all the fields are the same, clear address n. field.

It's not the best solution IMHO but i cannot find another way in the Notes and so on.

Thanks alot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simone,

Basically while creating the delivery of multiple items (of SO/PO) system checks Address code which belong to items this address codes comes from Ship to party (if SO ) or from Plant/S.Loc (if PO) ... if system finds different address code then system usually split the delivery.

Here important thing is if you change the address and then save further you reverse it same as earlier then system generate new address code in that case also delivery will be split.

Now in your case if you does not want delivery split if storage location address is different then you have to check the default order type which comes from Delivery type .. suppose in your case Delivery type is NL then check the field Default ord.ty. and then go to VTLA with combination suppose DL & NL and update the

Order requirements    

Combination requirmt  

OR you can check the ItemRequirement in delivery type ..

I believe one of change will work.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the hint, but in VTLA i'm not able to select the PO type from which my delivery is born since it's not (obviously) in TVAK

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 0VLK - define delivery types, you will see a default 'pseudo' order type. This is the one you use to select the right entries in VTLA. I know, F1 help is a bit confusing there, but if you have some time in future, you can check where-used for the field and you will get an idea where it is important to have it.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simone,

follow the steps:

1. check Delivery type.

2. Got to t-code OVLK and check pseudo" order type for delivery.

3. Go to t-code VTLA and find out the combination.

4. you can write down your requirement here.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In customer master, try checking the box "Complete delivery required" under Shipping tab. 

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji-This is not working.

any other settings required along with Complete delivery option at CMR..

Dear Simone-System will always tells you why the delivery split happened.

In VL10B>>go to log for delivery creation(Shift+F4)(once after deliveries creation)>>then select this log>>go to notes(Shift+F8) & find the information for split..

Phanikumar

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

yes, i know and i also read the cause: different delivery address in the items, just because they are different logical S.Location even if the physical address it's the same.

Now i try to play a bit with the routines and, if not successfull, i'll do the "dirty ABAPer's way" and work on PO side

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thing - check if you have also plants in the company, where storage location addresses in the plant are different (in our system we have such cases). In such scenarios it can still make sense to split the delivery - business people can tell you how this is handled in reality.

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

this is exactly the case: we are moving material from Plant A to Plant B where in Plant B we have 3 different Storage Locations (physically it's the same door in the same plant, just inside the plant they are 3 different area.
The address is for all the 3 Storage Locations "My street, n° 1, My city, the great country" but obviously they got 3 different ADRNR and i got the split based on it.

Now i'm fighting with Businness to find a common rule: working with routines in VTLA my idea is to set the same addrnr took from destination plant instead of warehouse for WE Partner so different plants, split (correct) same plant doesn't split (i tried in debug and it works).

Sadly different Business stakeholders wants different behaviours -facepalm-

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have cases where the storage location address is different - e.g. the same street, but with  number 105 vs 124. If different persons are responsible for these storage locations and especially if the truck has to be moved between doors/locations, the business may actually want to have separate deliveries.

For example for a project in Russia when you have a separate persons responsible per stock movements (stock from different storage locations), it had to be printed on the shipping documents, so we had to split the deliveries and the address of the plant is not suitable, it had to be the exact location address. The responsible persons wanted to perform goods issue separately as well.

If all addresses of storage locations in the plant are the same as the plant address I guess you don't really need to maintain addresses per storage location, but you will have to check the existing printforms.

You case looks complicated, I guess you will end up with some z-tables unfortunately.

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just rely on a TVARVC-like table to choose for which plant and which delivery type i've to apply the rule in the routine.

Anyway, thanks all for the great lesson in MM-SD customizing and the helpfull hints!

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simone,

As per my understanding for a while you have to work with two deliveries only, as per Phanikumar "Complete delivery required" is not working in this case hence you would have combine the deliveries. at receiving side once goods are received in respective Stg Loc  further you can move the stock.

for permanent solution you have take Plant addres instead of stg loc address in Address tab.

Thanks,

Prashant sharma