cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timesheet and travel expense approval in SAP Fiori

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have some questions regarding timesheet approval and approval of travel expense.

TIMESHEET APPROVAL

I understand that the standard logic in SAP is that the manager approves time for the employees that are assigned to his or hers organizational unit. However, we have another logic where people approve time reported on WBS-elements, orders or cost centers where they are set as User Responsible or responsible via cost center.

I have understand from reading other SCN-threads that I can implement a badi for this purpose, namely badi SRA010_BADI_TIMESHEET_APV method TIME_PENDING_GET_ENTITYSET. I do not have to set up a workflow.

1. Is my above assumption correct? Can you explain what the badi does?

2. If I implement the badi mentioned above, will the time reported automatically appear in the approvers app, or will selections be possible like in CATS_APPR?

3. How will I have to adjust or set up the backend configuration in order to be correct together with the badi?

4. How are employees allocated to the Rule Group? Or is this not applicable if the badi is in use?

TRAVEL EXPENSE APPROVAL

4. Have I understood correctly if a workflow must be implemented in order to use the FIORI app for approving travel expenses?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Hanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanna,

Kindly check :

Approve Travel ExpensesWS20000040

TS20000131

Approve Timesheet configuration : please visit :

How to setup Fiori Approve Timesheet Application

Regards,

Tejas

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanna,

TIMESHEET APPROVAL

1. Normal timesheet will work with Fiori approve timesheet app. Means timesheet approval will go the reporting manager as per org structure.

2. Timesheet against to wbs/project you should implement via Myinbox app.

TRAVEL EXPENSE APPROVAL

1. Yes, workflow must be activated and approval scenario must be available in back-end. Not only travel expense any approve app in FIORI provide additional accessibility option (desktop/mobile/tab) to user. First it must be configured and available in back-end.

Thanks,

Lakshman Balanagu.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

Thank you for your reply. I hope you can help me understand the workflow that is required by the Fiori App for Travel Expense Approval. I am totally new to workflow in SAP.

Regarding Travel Expense Approval, you write that "workflow must be activated and approval scenario must be available in back-end". What kind of workflow? Any workflow template or do we need a custom template?

We have the following scenario: All travel expenses are first checked by our finance department. They do not have to do this in Fiori Application, they want to make kind of a "soft-approval" in SAPGUI customized report.

After this "soft-approval" by the Finance department, the trip status is still "Released for approval:

Now the trip is ready for the actual approval which we want to do in the Fiori App. The trip should be approved by the person that is responsible for the cost center, WBS-element or order that the trip has been charged to.

My question is: Is the above scenario possible? In that case, what kind of workflow do we use?

If the above is not possible, how can we otherwise get a two-step approval (first by finance dept, then by the approver responsible for WBS/order/cost center)? What workflow do we use?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,

Hanna

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanna,

As par my understanding, workflow already available and active. You can request HR functional for all the task IDs configured in Travel expense work flow .

Otherwise, once "Soft-approval" done by Finance department. You can get the task ID by going to SWI5 and enter Type - "US", ID - "Approver User id" , and Type of analysis "Workitems to be completed"

check for the workitem related expense and all the travel expense worktimes will be default group by Task ID.

Goto

App Implementation: Approve Travel Expenses - SAP Fiori principal apps 1.0 for SAP ERP - SAP Library

Flow the steps under "Configuration Tasks".

Note: If the expense need multilevel approval multiple TaskID will be maintained at each decision step in workflow. So get all the task ID from HR functional.

Thanks,

Lakshman Balanagu.