cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD_Client is used by?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does somebody know the difference between the Destination SLD_CLIENT and the SLD Properties in the Java System porperties in SAP NetWeaver (Java)?

On our SAP PI System there is a destination SLD_CLIENT

According to the SAP help

Configuring the SLD Client - Configuring, Working with and Administering System Landscape Directory ...

all Java Applications should use that destination.

But why is in the Java System Properties an additional SLD setting?

Does somebody know when the SLD_CLIENT is used and when the Java system properties setting?

Thanks for your answer.

cheers,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Destination SLD_Client is used to get  AS JAVA access for SLD Data supplier registration.

In Dual Stack

In case of dual stack system to register ERP system in PI SLD we need to go to tcode RZ70.

Its automatically create two RFC connections called SLD_UC and SLD_NUC(Non Unicode).

These are used to collect data from ERP system and send it to SLD through gateway (SLD Data Registration).

In single Stack

Here for the purpose of SLD Data Supplier Registration you need to go to

NWA- Configuration - Infrastructure - SLD Data Supplier Configuration  ---- Here need to maintain the gateway.

And for AS JAVA access and for registration purpose you need to maintain two HTTP connections called SLD_Client and SLD_DataSupplier.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Apu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SLD Client

• SLD_Client is the destination used by PI to connect and push data to the SLD.
  • If your PI system connects to a local SLD, it contains the Local System Details. If it connects to a Remote SLD, it contains the Remote SLD Details.

XPI System Properties

• These are properties that are used by various services to register themselves to the SLD.
  • The SLD_Client destination is used by PI to then connect to the SLD and then update these properties when registering them to the SLD.
  • The property integrationserver.sld.name is used to register your Integration Server to the SLD with this name. When you log on to the RWB --.> Component Monitoring , the name you see is the name that is taken from here.
  • Similarly all other XPI System Properties related to the SLD are used by various Internal Services of PI to register themselves to the SLD.

In summary, XPI Services contains the properties and SLD_Client is the destination used to connect to the SLD and update these properties when various services run..

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

>SLD_Client is the destination used by PI to connect and push data to the SLD.

Are you sure? I allways thought that the SLD_SUPPLIER desitination defines to which SLD SLD relevant data is pushed to, isn't it?

cheers,

Stefan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I am fairly confident of this because of the user used and its roles.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was just checking through the various Changes in my SLD under CIM Classes and I am wrong

While I dont have an answer to the question, from what I see in my CIM Classes changes, the changes in the SLD for all the XPI Properties are triggered by the corresponding Exchange Profile users maintained.

My answer can be ignored, will also update this in each of the answers so as to avoid mis leading readers..

Regards,

Bhavesh