cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating customer for orders from webshop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can you share your ideas or concepts how to create customer (sold to party) in SAP for a web shop order that is placed on »third party« web shop and then interfaced to SAP ERP ECC 6.0.

We have all orders that are placed in webshop interfaced to SAP. Then regular sales process is done – delivery, shipping and invoicing.

I would like to know how you are dealing with customer master data for such orders. If we create new customer every time for every order we will soon have tens of thousands of customers that may be used only once and then never again.

I know the concept of one time customer but I would like to know if there is some other approach. One time customer has limitations like not possible to be used with down payments.

One one side we need full funtionallity of order fulfillment/delivery process in SAP. On the other side we do not want to create mass amounts of customer master data. I kindly ask you to share how you solved such sales scenarios.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd ask myself this question: How will the receivables be handled? For customers who are paying via Wire Transfer or Credit Card, a customer master data may not be necessary; so you can use your one time customer here, and change the address information for this specific sales order. However, you'll need dedicated master data for each customer who'll be paying after creation of invoice. So payment terms might be the key here to decide if you're going to create a customer master record before sales order creation or not.

Answers (0)