cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRS1398: Unable to insert 'unknown' into session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with some android devices when I push an Android enterprise Application.

I am pushing the App to 30 devices in a group, unfortunately only half of the devices get the notification for installing.

If I select the other half and push it again, also not all devices get the notification...

In the Afaria log I saw the following Error:

XRS1398: Unable to insert 'unknown' into session. EXPLANATION: The channel/set (original channel id = -20, original server id = vof7$e) was not found and will be removed from the queue. ACTIONS: None.

I also saw the KBA for truncating the Database Table "A_CLIENT_NOTIFY_CHANNEL_Q" but this doesnt help.

All the devices are Samsung Galaxy S7 and have the Samsung client "MMEP" installed, and the Afaria version is Afaria 7 SP013.

Is this a Bandwith problem? The App is about 21 MB in size.

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Please take a look at this discussion https://scn.sap.com/thread/3782260

This is more likely on lost links. Take a look at the last reply in the above discussion.This may help you to resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha
SAP Product Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Thanks for your reply, I already have seen this thread, but it cannot have anything todo with the SP because I am not on SP05 like in the thread, I am on SP013.

And to change the Bandwith throtteling is a riski thing isnt it? because we have a multi tenant environment I am not really sure which affect will this change have to the other customers (at the moment we do not have configured it)

I can also see the "Lost Link" in the device connection log.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks and BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looping to take a look at this discussion.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Channel -20 is one of our system channels and generally means that the device is losing link.  This error isn't really an error because we do not pick up in the middle of our system channels.  If you lose link midstream the server will start over and retry from the beginning and log this.  This very well could be a bandwidth problem or something along those lines.  The server could be struggling with pushing this much data out simultaneously.  I would recommend tweaking your flow control settings so the server spaces out the calls to the devices over a bit more time, and see if that helps.

For the sessions throwing this particular error, check and see if there was a lost link for the previous session for this device.  if it is in the first few seconds, that could also indicate the server is busy and unresponsive.    Is other communication taking place at the same time?  This wiki might help if so.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Best+practices+for+scheduling+device+connections

Tracy