cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify partner WE in Outbound Delivery Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create an outbound delivery partner WE copied from the sales order and can not be changed. How can I change the role of the partner WE???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you be doing that? If part of your order will be sent to a different location, you can change Ship-to in sales order level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sales order is issued to the parent organization and can receive any of the 20 branches of the organization.

The role of the partner WE (SH) "recipient of the material" is mandatory and is not allowed to change in supply.

If you go into a SPRO, then a gray checkmark in the "can not change."

But! If you go through a reference angle, for example, V_TPAER_SD. Change is possible.

If you remove the check mark "can not change", the delivery consignee is available to change on partner tab.

Perhaps there are other solutions?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you do that, you'll get error message VL 597 before creating delivery: "Role of ship-to party must be defined in partner schema &1 as mandatory", which might be hardcoded somewhere. You'd better try to find a solution which will not alter with this process, and change the partner in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any other solution. If one order can be shipped 20 branches, you propose to change in order for each shipment?

I do not have VL 597 message occurs when creating delivery

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a similar requirement in the past, where the precise location to unload products was communicated after the delivery is created, however in our case the impact on scheduling was minimal - the locations were in the same part of the town, maybe 5-10 minutes from each other. We ended up in manual geo-coding of the deliveries for the ship-to and entered the correct address data in VL02N to print on documents (by default there were no geo-coordinates for the partner and we indicated non-geocoded documents before the shipment is created).

If in your case the exact location of the delivery has a significant impact on delivery scheduling and transportation processing, then it is better to populate the data in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, the recipient of the material is another organization. For what kind of organization it will be known at the time of shipment of the creation of the delivery. Each time before you create the delivery to change the recipient?

And if a single customer order is 50 outbound deliveries?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my case it was the same organization, but they had something like stalls in a big marketplace, so they knew what products they will need, just the communication at which exact stall/small shop it is best to unload the goods was done in the morning (before transportation planning was done) and our deliveries were created the day before. It was a small number of documents per week and we had only 1 delivery per order item, so it was easy and no real impact on planners workload.

In your case it looks more complicated, especially if you need to split order items and want to report per branch. Any chance to obtain the exact information on ship-to from the client before you create the deliveries - e.g. a portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery is created for shipment the next day. Customer order is issued by an organization on a large volume of production. Delivery of production can be any branch.

Goods stored in the warehouse in the context of the buyer's order (type of special stock E).

Specify the recipient must be in the delivery. It takes less time. The user who creates the outbound delivery has no authority to change the order.

Answers (0)