Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Schema Mapping - BW on HANA

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a BW on HANA system, which is installed in the default schema SAP<SID>. That means the name of the schema of our dev system is SAPDEV and the schema name of the production system is SAPPRD.

For transport purposes I created this schema mapping on the HANA database of the production system. SAPDEV -> SAPPRD.

During a transport to the PRD-System the following error occurs:

[XXXXXXXXX][PRD][2016.06.27 13:19.58.349][Import][8] Dependent object not found: SqlScript; SAPDEV.RSHIEDIR: symbol not found

It seems to me, that the schema mapping is not working. The procedure, which useses native tables of the BW system, (eg. RSHIEDIR) is created in the repository.

Any ideas to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance and regards,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Schema Mapping functionality works only for information views (e.g. calc. views) but not stored procedures.

Regards,

Florian

jensheger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

thank you for the information. But I still have to solve this issue.

Would it work if I create an attribute view on the BW-Table in the schema SAPDEV und use this new attribute view in the procedure?

Regards,

Jens

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

for that situation there is not real good solution on HANA side itself (maybe except using a consistent ABAP schema name over all systems, which is done by more and more customers).

In your situation it depends on what you are doing and where you have to call the functionality.

If you have to call the functionality on db level, than your approach would work for read only scenarios (but instead of using the outdated attribute views use graphical calculation views).

Write access, calling the functionality on db level, is not possible in that way. For that a solution would be, to use synonyms pointing to the tables. Disadvantage of that is, that you have to create the synonyms on each system, cause you cannot define a "dynamic" schema in a transportable repository schema.

If you have to call the functionality on NetWeaver side, than an option would be to use AMDPs.

Regards,

Florian

Answers (0)