cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the driving factors when proposing developing an SAP ERP application or SAP Fiori application for a requirement to a client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been reading a lot of posts lately to understand SAP Fiori and its offerings. After going through the SAP Fiori catalog, I see that 90-95% of the out of the box SAP Fiori apps provided by SAP serve business needs such as workflows (approvals. confirm for different use cases such as approve purchase orders, confirm production orders) and transactional/analytical reports for display purposes.

The other 5% have creating a purchase requisition, purchase/sales order which are complex applications. Thats what is confusing

So I wanted to understand that based on a use case, what factors I should consider when I propose an SAP ERP vs. SAP Fiori application development to a client. In simple terms what are the best practices to consider when I have a use case, which way to go SAP ERP app or SAP Fiori?

Is it that Fiori apps should be developed only for approval workflows, basic reporting and for complex and heavy applications i should stick to SAP ERP/GUI?

Thanks,

Lailu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182645
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

as per my understanding

1) First consider fiori approval application like po,pr,leave etc.

a) Might be these are already implemented in your ERP system. Fiori approval apps gives you faster performance and less time consume for your business process.

b) Most of approval apps need workflow, but my current company dont have configured or implemented standard workflow , so in this case you have start workflow manually for one user and then go ahead.

2) Second if you have more than fiori consultant then go for SAP My Inbox application.

you can perform 1) and 2) same time.

3) After this you will get more requirement from business for fiori application.

Check really requirement good for mobile then match requirement with standard fiori application or start fresh development.

4) Lastly go for complex scenarios