Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO 7.4 - Alert Tabels

sivamaranani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All-

What are the Alert tables in PO 7.4. I am looking at the Table that stores generated alerts.

Equivalant of ABAP (duel Stack) Tables in PO 7.4 (single) Stack

• SXMSALERTCONTENT - alerts for all consumers are stored in the  table
  • SXMSALERTLOGGER - XI alert Log
  • SXMSALERTRULES - XI alerts rules

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In contrast to Integration Engine, alerts produced by Adapter Engine, are persisted in JMS queues (a queue per alert consumer) - refer to details in Tihomir's blog . Even though technically content of JMS queues of the application server Java is persisted in database table (BC_JMSQUEUE), I would rather question if you need this kind of access - instead, Alert Engine of Adapter Engine provides the SOAP service that can be conveniently used to consume alerts from application layer, without necessity of direct database accesses from the caller application, or alerts can also be consumed from corresponding JMS queue if SOAP service based alert consumption is not feasible due to some reason (both techniques are mentioned in the referred blog).

Regards,

Vadim

sivamaranani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried using AlertRetrieveAPI & AlertRetrieveAPI_V2.  I noticed that the alerts are being deleted after they are read once. I am not able to retreive alerts if i run it twice.

Also, the service does not have additional parameters like a date range.

We are planning to build a graphical report for alerts. Similar to Message Monitor table -> Database -> StatusGroup (Errors).

Regards

Siva M

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You observation is correct: alert consumer services are actually consuming corresponding alert messages from respective consumer's queue - and as soon as message consumption is acknowledged by the consumer (either automatically or manually), the alert message is deleted from the queue. This is common behaviour of messages consumption from JMS queues. I don't think you can change this using the discussed SOAP service or even consuming (in a normal way) messages directly from JMS queue of the alert consumer.

May I wonder why you would need this kind of the monitor? Alerting engine's primary role is to provide mechanism for rapid notification on identified message processing errors, and not to build statistics on top of this. If you need statistical information / dashboard, won't message monitor overview or corresponding API (if you want to consume and process this information externally) satisfy your requirements?

Regards,

Vadim

sivamaranani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks vadim on providing insight.

We plan to develop a dashboard for IT Director/Managers to provide a graphical representation of

- Process Track with most no. of errors

- Top 5 Problematic Interfaces

- Drill down into each of the above by Year/Quarter/month

We plan to consume this data in SAP Lumira. The monitoring workbench is clunky for a C-level executive to dig into. Also there are limitations in the dashboard such as - cannot display more than 1000 messages at a time.

Are there any API's that consume "Message Monitoring" (specifically Error messages/ Alert) data.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

SAP PI/PO exposes a standard servlet MessageOverviewQueryServlet that can be used by external applications to retrieve message overview statistics equivalent to what PIMON Message Monitor Overview displays, via HTTP. You may look through blogs and that provide details about usage of this servlet. Based on list of your requirements given above, I would assume this functionality shall suit your analytics needs for the developed dashboard.

If you need to further drill down and retrieve information on specific messages, then you can get use of a standard SOAP service AdapterMessageMonitoringVi, which is described and demonstrated in the blog .

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (0)