Rework Order Co07 Process

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I facing error when i selecting reference operation at production order level

kindly guide me regarding reworking through Co07

i used mentioned t codes & Ca11 reference operation

how i can do GR from Parent production Order , if receive total qty from parent Production order then how i can recieve extra qty

OPEB

OPJH

OPL8

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all for useful feedback

i changed setting of OPL8 "4 ,Routing/ref. op. set optional (manual selection)"

Yes i am creating manual Production Order as per customer requirements

error is occurred  and it is mandatory i have to "select reference operation set" ?

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Check your Routing header Data. Is it in release form also have a look on the UOM of reference operation. It should match with the Order UOM.

You may also check by selecting the Routing Selection as 1 in place of 4.

Might be helpful Please check

Regards

SS

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

how i do more GR from Parent production Order if i received total Qty

for instance my parent order qty # 100 and i have done GR 100

then i create Child order with Co07 then how i can GR from Parent order ?

if have to increase parent qty ? 100--> 120

without confirmation i can't receive GR , if confirmation will be performed then more hour will be booked

against machine

please reply me details , thanks

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you please explain "then i create Child order with Co07 then how i can GR from Parent order ?"

CO07 is generally used for the rework (without material code). We do not perform any GRN activity (MB31) against the rework order.

Generally the rework process is

Rework notified against the order (Parent order)

Rework order created with CO07 (without material) with Settlement rule maintained as Parent order.

Machine hour booked and Material consumed against the rework order.

NO MB31 as the rework order is without material code.

While settling the rework order the cost will flow to the parent order.

If you already did the GRN against the Parent order than no need to the extra GRN. Just do the rework activity and settle the extra cost to the parent order.

Hope this may help

Regards

SS

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for respond.

client's requirement is to GR against rework order qty because of certain qty has been wasted during rework process . users want to observe how much qty has been produced in rework process

last thing,

i have seen on web site in Co07 rework process user can do GR from parent production so i want to understand that scenario.

if i can do GR from parent production Order then i have to increase production order qty and do confirmation again

kindly guide me!

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have a look on the below threads.

This may be helpfull

Rework Order GR Query | SCN

http://scn.sap.com/thread/319126

Regards

SS

former_member194456
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

For your 1 query

Check the OPL8 settings. For routing selection you put "0 - No routing or reference operation sets to be used" Means you cannot select the reference routing for the order type. Change this to correct settings.

For your 2nd query

Please note that, If you create a production order with CO07 than there is no GRN (MB31) required against the Production Order. You only need to Book the hour cost and the material consumption cost, if any, against the order. When you settle the order the cost will automatically flow (as per the settlement rule).

If you already do the GRN of the Parent order than also no problem, just complete the activity on rework order and settle it to the parent production order, the extra cost will automatically book on the parent order.

Hope this may help

Regards

SS

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per my understanding,you are trying to create rework order in CO07 w/o reference to Materials where you will manually enter the components and want to select ROS for operations.

If it is so, let me know which error message you are getting when you create order in CO07?

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I did not understand exactly which error are you facing.

Usually, the rework process is addressed with a trigger point, in order to include a new reference operation set in the order or create a new order for the rework. See details below:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_globext607_10/helpdata/en/b1/c04654439a11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

BR
Caetano

former_member198012
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

thanks for respond

it is mandatory i have to create auto production ?

secondly how i do more GR from Parent production Order if i received total Qty

for instance my parent qty # 100 and i have done GR 100

then i create Child order with Co07 then how i can GR from Parent order ?

if have to increase parent qty ? 100--> 120

without confirmation i can't receive GR , if confirmation will be performed then more hour will be booked

against machine

please reply me details , thanks

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use Insert reference operation set at the time of confirmation using trigger point method.

This case no order quantity need to be changed rework operation will be inserted automatically when you confirm rework quantity.

If you can also create rework order using trigger point.But every rework occurrence will create one Rework order.

Regards,

Velmurugan S