cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Periods for Unified Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Until now I had been mainly working with time profiles with 'monthly' as the most detailed time dimension level, but recently I've been able to work with IBP 6 and my aim is to use the Unified Planning Area and run the S&OP heuristic in weeks. For the Unified Planning Area, I can see that the SAP template is using time profile '2' which is defined as follows:

When I try to generate time periods using the job application, it fails and triggers the followin error:

Period types of time profile level 2 and 3 are not compatible

As far as I understand from the documentation, if you want to work with weeks and months at the same time, you should have technical weeks as the most detailed level for both.

What I would like is to work with calendar weeks and months in supply (working with technical weeks as the most detailed level leads to problems as, for example, to define lead times or the use of the copy operator).

How should I proceed to work with calendar weeks and months in the Unified Planning Area (read & write)?. I had assumed that the default time profile (and the based planning levels used in S&OP supply) was ready to work in both weeks and months, but as I can't initialize it using the 'create time periods' job and after checking the documentation, I am not sure what is the right configuration here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The time record cannot be generated via the application job. However it is working correctly when you load the data file manually.

I suggest reports an incident to SAP.

Regards.

YS