cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy Ui5 app to launchpad : Additional description missing from component.js masterdetail template

Former Member
0 Kudos

My intention is to deploy a new master detail app developed using webide in Fiori Launchpad . For this following the guide but unable to procced from the page 8 where i need to enter additional information collecting the details from component.js of the ui5 app. I could nt see any componnet.js info to add in.

Looking in template for similar information : Additional Information: SAPUI5.Component=sap.infoday.selfservice

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

The Additional Information field should be filled with the namespace of your component. This value should be at line 10 of your screenshot of Component.js, but it isn't there. Is your app working running from SAP WEB IDE?

If you need help to create your app I suggest you look at (Using SAP Web IDE), there are a couple of tutorials. Or you can try an openSAP course Build Your own SAP Fiori App in the Cloud if you have the time.

Regards,

Leonardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo and Michal,

Thanks for a very prompt reply. The application is working perfectly fine in Webide which was developed using 1.36 template. but facing the error as in screenshot if deployed in SAP gateway which has library version of 1.28.

Gateway version is sp13 and netweaver 7.4 running SAP_UI 13 .

Any suggestions please

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you deleted the namespace at line 10 of your Component.js? it has a blank space before .Component"

You can set the UI version in your web IDE by right clicking your project->Run->Run Configurations...

Select your configuration-->Advance Settings and choose your runtime version.

When you crate your app from a template make sure you use a template version compatible with your UI.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The answer is in your question. If your Gateway has 1.28 installed then you should create the template in version 1.28, otherwise there are errors just like you attached.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Leonardo, i also tried changing the version manually in the template configuration , but no positive result. The application development is now completed in 1.36 version of webide ui5 library and cannot be deployed.

Either i need to upgrade the Ui5 library or downgrade the minimum required version in the template.

Which one is recommended.

AS current version in sap is 1.28 can i upgrade to 1.36 running netweaver 7.4?

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Here is a tip, when running your app press simultaneously ctrl+alt+shift+p. A screen will appear and show you technical information of your SAPUI5.

I'm afraid that if you developed an app for a later version it may not work when deployed. You will have to check prerequisites to upgrade, but I would rebuild the app using an earlier template.

It still seams weird to me that line 10 I mentioned before.

"return UIComponent.extend(" <blank> .Component", {"

I believe your app namespace should be where the <blank> is. And that value is what you need to complete in the Additional Information field: SAPUI5.Component=<namespace>.

Regards,

Leonardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

the line 10 "return UIComponent.extend(" <blank> .Component", {"

<blank> = 'mycomponent' name which is nothing but namespace was removed from the image .

i have specified the same SAPUI5.Component=<namespace>. namespace = mycomponent in additional detail field.

Rebuilding the app is really hectic process now as the time taken was nearly 3 months for development. Moving every piece of code to older template is a tough task.

I am nt really sure if the Ui5 library can be upgraded in 7.4 . Any suggestions

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you set the Addtional Info field then you could try your app in the Launchpad. If the template is not compatible you would get an error in the browser, but at this point you should be able to run the app.

I'm afraid I have no suggestions. I guess that once you create the new app with the correct template most of your work can be copied and pasted. I'm sorry...

Regards,

Leonardo.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it should be the sap.app/id property in the manifest.json file.