cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advances in travel management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

In our settings advances are post in "request approve" status.  Is it normal that when I post the advance and return to PR05 transaction and when I want to register trip cost facts, this step is tread as correction in trip ? Because this functionality can be misleading, in my opinion introducing bills after receiving the advance payment should not be treated as correction in trip……

thank you in advance for your answer J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agnieszka,

In our settings advances are post in "request approve" status.  Is it normal that when I post the advance and return to PR05 transaction and when I want to register trip cost facts, this step is tread as correction in trip ?

Any trip (request or expense) when edited after it has been posted to FI, triggers correction in trip which should change the status as well after it has been saved/sent for approval.

Because this functionality can be misleading, in my opinion introducing bills after receiving the advance payment should not be treated as correction in trip……

I am not sure what do you mean by "introducing bills after receiving the advance" - please clarify?

If you mean just adding an attachment to the trip then this should not trigger correction message or change the status. But if you are adding expenses for your trip then it will trigger correction. For e.g. the employee received 400 as an advance which has been posted to FI. Once the employee is back from the trip they create an expense report from an approved travel request for 500 and this would mean when this report is posted they will only receive 100 as reimbursement and not 500.

Hope this helps.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer dispelled my doubts, thanks

Answers (0)