Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 SP02: Dynamically populate dropdown values

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a dropdown based on values of text table T157E, but I need to filter this table by language (SPRAS) and movement type (BWART). So my doubt is:

• Can I create an RFC that returns me the list of values I want and then call it using script and add the list to the drop down control?
  • If not, what is the alternative? I can only think in F4 help, but from the usability point of view it is not a good idea (as per today there are only 3 values, so 3 more clicks for open F4, select and submit is not a valid option). I also know that the drop drown could be in the underlying transaction, but in my scenario I'm not able to modify the standard UI to add a field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Changing the dropdown values via scripting is available in SP03 (New in Personas 3.0 SP03: Change a combo box's value set through scripting - SAP Imagineerin...) but not in SP02, unfortunately.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect answer, thank you

I will create an ad-hoc transaction for my functionality then.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Before you do that...

I was intrigued by this question and actually was able to find a scripted solution for it. However, this would still require you to copy a standard function group in the backend (to simulate the search help call), and is somewhat cumbersome, but it works.

I'm not sure if this avenue is even interesting for you, so let me know. I may be able to spend some more time on this in the next few days.

Edit: Never mind, my solution still requires something that's only available in SP3. So this won't help you in SP2, I'm afraid.

Message was edited by: Tamas Hoznek

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately we are not able to upgrade to SP03 at this moment and I will have to work with SP02 for this project. I can see that Personas is still quite immature so I will try to get it updated soon in order to benefit of some quite basic functionality coming with SP03.

Kind Regards,

Marçal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

I am on Personas 2 and want to change the values of a combobox via script.

Is it possible or is this script-function only available on Personas 3?

Regards Matthias

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

This feature is only available in Personas 3.0 SP3.

former_member659333
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I have tried the link you have provided and it is working on web gui. however. when we run it on sap gui. filtering or the new values for the entries of combo box is not display. instead. it shows the original items of the combo box. i have also tried to create a new combo box but still it is displaying the unfiltered/old items on the list. is this not working on sap gui? by the way. we are using SAP logon 760 patch level 3.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I didn't test this in the Windows GUI, but check note 2080071 to see if your script contains something that is not supported there.

If this is a SAP GUI for Windows issue only and it's not covered in that note, then it may make sense to send a support incident to component BC-FES-GUI since they handle Personas problems in the Windows GUI.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babowden
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Its me again! I have had some success using the combo box value scripting, where i have created two drop down menus,

1. Plant

2.Storage Location

These are linked to text fields that support another script to complete a transaction.

The only issue i am facing is when i change the `Plant` drop down, the `Storage Location` drop down is not automatically updating. I have to select the `Storage Location` drop down and apply the blank value, and then i can select the `Storage Location` drop down again, and then the values are updated.

Is there a part of script i can apply somewhere, where it will automatically refresh/update the `Storage Location` drop down when a NEW plant is applied to the `Plant drop down?

Many Thanks,

Ben