cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while migrating ID objects from PI 7.11 dual stack to PI 7.4 Dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are migrating SAP PI 7.11 dual stack to SAP PI 7.4 dual stack, and facing the below issue while importing the ID objects.

"Import failed because of business system transfer of object Interface Determination | IP_xxxxxx_ContractCreate | ABS_Syn_Contract_Create_CLM | | DEVCLNT220: Obligatory transport target for business system DEVCLNT220 not found in System Landscape Directory See error logs for details"

Basis team has utilized the same host name and hardware as it was before migration with PI 7.11, in short they just scraped the PI 7.11 and installed PI 7.4 with the same host name. So, we are importing back the objects (backup taken from 7.11 before migration ) on the same system with the same host name with just new 7.4 version.

We are aware of the "Directory Content Migration Tool" provided by SAP to convert classical scenarios to ICO. However, as of now we are just looking to keep our Directory content as it is,and not to convert to ICO.

Please suggest me why system is looking for the transport target when we are importing back the objects into the same system. Moreover, All the SLD objects(Products, SC, BS and TS) and ESR objects has been imported back in PI 7.4 SLD and ESR, still I am facing the above issue. Also, already transport target has been configured in SLD PI 7.4 for QA and Production.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Farhan,

If I understand right, you are re-importing a Development object back into the same Development Server. When you import a object into the same PI Server, PI still will continue to look for a Transport Target.

The way to make sure PI you can reimport the same object into the same server is,

• Make sure your Business System (DEVCLNT220 in your case ) in the SLD is assigned to the Development Group aka Dev PI Integration Server.
  • Once this is done, PI will not look for a Transport Target and will import the object as is without any Business System Naming

See Example Below:

Step 1- 4 Replication of issue

Step 5-7 Resolution

Step 1:

Exported ICO Using a Business System

Step 2:

Deleted ICO from Integration Directory

Step 3:

Business System Has No Group Assigned in SLD

Step 4:

Import TPZ File - Same will fail with same error

Step 5:

Assign My Business System to the Development Integration Server Group

No Transport Target Assigned

Step 6:

Clear SLD Data Cache in the Integration Directory

Step 7:

Import TPZ file and the same will be imported successfully with the same Business System Name.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh for a neat and descriptive Explanation,It worked for me and issue got resolved

Thanks Harish and Sanjeev

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Are you importing the TR to your QA system, if so check that QA SLD has the transport target maintained for DEVCLNT220, in QA system SLD.

As per the error log, that is the cause for transport failure. Also, try to perform a cache refresh for SLD objects, just in case. This can be done from the Administration link in the home page of SAP PI.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

The transport target has to be define if you are importing the business system. The easier way to change the development business system name in new env. (7.4) and maintain the transport target of your old business system name to new business system name.

AFAIK - there is no other way to import the object.

regard,

Harish