cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share one rule, one view for multiple scorecards?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem:

We have multiple plants that need scorecard measurements.  The measurements need to be plant specific and displayed on scorecards for only that plant to see.

Our current process creates one rule using a filter for each plant and they all share a view.  This produces a maintenance project in itself because the only difference in the rule is the filter to pull out data for a particular plant.  Since we have hundreds of plants, if one of the rules changes for the plant they all need to be updated. 

The Question:

Has anyone had this same problem?  Is there a way to streamline rule, view and scorecard creation to share one rule, one view  dynamically so if the view or rule change there is only one modification needed for all plants?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jamie,

Yes - have the same problem.  Yes, you can create one rule, but when you add to multiple scorecards it will not filter for different plants.

I've had this discussion with SAP and raised an idea.  It is not easy to accomplish what you're after.  You could build a custom universe/ reports to report by plant.  Or you could use the Information Steward Accelerator to report and send notifications, but standard IS does not enable what you're after.

regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working on a proof of concept internally for a less invasive manner of handling this issue.  I'll post it as a possible resolution upon proving that out. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member655569
Participant
0 Kudos

Instead of creating multiple rules, create multiple views.

You can have same rule bound to multiple views.

Move the filter to View, create rule binding with all the views. so if any change required in the rule, you just have to modify it without worrying about the data it is looking at.

while in scorecard setup, choose the correct binding.

let me know if you need any help.