cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for SAPUI5 web development in SAP MII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a best practice to develop SAPUI5 web content combined with SAP MII?

The workbench in MII doesn't seem like the best place to develop, so I tried to make the developments in Eclipse (NWDS). Is there a best practice to deploy or transport the developments from Eclipse into SAP MII? And what about the SAPUI5 library, do we need to synchronize libraries between Eclipse and MII/Netweaver, or can we export the Eclipse libarary version immediately into SAP MII/Netweaver?

Kr,

Bram Scheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

After having worked with couple of high complexity applications on MII with UI5, what i feel is the best way to work with UI5 on MII is, to create MVC based applications on MII. The projects can be exported as how other projects are exported. Yah about libraries, you need to check if what is deployed on MII is the one you are referring if you are developing stuffs using Eclipse.

What made me think so: Eclipse creates it's own set of dependencies that may not be standardized to work with MII and can hamper MII's project structures like bundles/metadata etc. Hence, would not suggest a direct export of eclipse project.

Not sure though as haven't tried it yet, please share your experiences/findings if you have tried it.

Thanks,

Swaroop

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bram,

My MII skills are a bit rusty so I will not venture an opinion on "best practice".  I will simply point out that there are other tools and resources available for SAPUI5 including Web IDE.  Take a look at for more SAPUI5 resources which are not specific to the MII environment.  Perhaps you can provide an analysis of the available tools back to the MII community after reviewing what's available?

Cheers, Mike (Moderator-MII, SAPUI5)

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check. Whenever I find a decent practice I will post, but it could take some time. Quite busy at the moment