cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Output types appearing of medium 6(EDI) in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured output type BA01 with EDI (Medium 6) for Sales Order. After saving the sales order 2 outputs of BA01 appearing. One output has been processed and IDocs created and another one has not been processed. I could not find the reason. Please help me.

Also for Billing I have created ZD00 output type by copying RD00 and configured for EDI. In this case 3 outputs are appearing. One is RD00 with Print medium and 2 ZD00 outputs. Out of these RD00 is giving error with red mark and one ZD00 is not processed and other ZD00 output processed and IDocs created. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Jans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jans,

Check your output configuration for BA01 in NACE.

In the standard setting, I see, the multiple issuing indicator is set for this message type. Look at the F1 help of this indicator.

When you create and save the order, the output will be issued for the first time. Subsequently, every time you make a change and save to your order, system will issue a separate output for BA01.

This is needed in those scenarios (like in BA01 order response to customer) when every time a change is made to the customer's order, a confirmation (notification) is to be sent to the customer.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jans,

In this case 3 outputs are appearing. One is RD00 with Print medium and 2 ZD00 outputs. Out of these RD00 is giving error with red mark and one ZD00 is not processed and other ZD00 output processed and IDocs created.

After creating the billing document, do you see RD00 and two entries of ZD00 in the output screen? Getting the same output type twice is surprising to me. Please paste the screenshot.

You are getting RD00 automatically in the transaction document (billing doc) is because there is a valid condition record created for it (VV31, display VV33).

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

You are correct. Once I deselected the “Multiple issuing”  my first problem has been solved but in the case of second problem I am still not able to find out why RD00 is appearing as I have copied this RD00 to ZD00 and configured accordingly. The Red mark of RD00 was due to some Java script and this was solved by the Basis person. Anyhow, I have marked this question as Answered.

Please guide me how I can give you points.

Thanks,

Jans

0 Kudos

Hi Jans,

Once I deselected the “Multiple issuing”  my first problem has been solved

I don't think deselecting that check box might be the right thing to do.

In a typical scenario, if the customer's sales order changes, a notification should be sent to the customer to alert them about the change in their order. So, unless your business scenario specifically dictates that there shouldn't be a subsequent notification sent to customer upon order change, I'd advise you to not to deselect that indicator.

If you can let us know more about your business scenario and what you are trying to achieve, you can get us good advise from the community.

Coming to the second problem, if your requirement is to be able to send invoices to your customers via EDI, then you don't need to copy RD00 into ZD00. You would be able to meet this requirement through RD00 itself.

The setting for EDI for the Invoice message (RD00) is available as a standard (screen-shot below). So, there is not configuration setting to be done.

All that is required in this case is that when you maintain your Output Master data (condition records), you should maintain the medium as "6" (meaning EDI).

When the customer invoice is created and saved, this will prompt the system to create an RD00 invoice through EDI medium. Thereupon, an IDoc will get generated. You can find the IDoc number from the VF03->Output screen->Processing Log.

HTH. I agree with Veselina and Jelena about reviewing some materials to gain a better understanding how Output Control works.

Please guide me how I can give you points.

Finally, regarding your points query, I'm afraid, I can't help you coz I don't know either. Maybe someone can help us both.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jans Sircar wrote:

I am still not able to find out why RD00 is appearing as I have copied this RD00 to ZD00 and configured accordingly.

Seriously? The output determination analysis did not show that obviously RD00 was included in your output determination procedure? SAP doesn't just add output on a whim, it's all based on the configuration.

The points are assigned when you mark response either as helpful or as a correct answer. This is covered in the SCN Getting Started section (link in the top right corner) under Reputation.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena! I will go through it.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not find the reason

How did you search exactly?

Output configuration is quite simple and there is even very helpful determination log, as noted above. It works as configured obviously, so I'm confused what help is expected... If you are having trouble understanding the output determination I'd suggest to review the training materials, SAP documentation and blogs available on SCN. Without understanding what you're doing you won't get very far I'm afraid.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to Output Management

0 Kudos

Hi Jans,

Can you please check the Access Sequence.

If you are using more than one(1) condition table then please enable the Exclusive Check Box.

Best Regards,

NagaVenkatM

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jans,

I believe second/third outputs are triggering in sales order/Billing due to changes in sales order/ Billing. could you check Change History in sales order?

any any changes are triggering then it could trigger output.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a start you can check the output determination analysis to see on which level the outputs are determined.

For the print output with error - check the processing log of the output.

You really need to read more on output determination technique in SAP before you start with topics like configuring EDI scenarios. You can easily cause issues for the business with incorrect configuration.