Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Service in Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this scenario: CLIENT <-> XI <-> WEBSERVICE

I have a synchronous communication. Actually, my CLIENT is XML Spy that I want to use to test my scenario. But, when I create The Receiver determination, I specify WEBSERVICE as Receiver, but... what have I to specify as Sender Service? I use XML Spy as Sender!!!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to give sender business system name which u created in SLD for sender

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have said that I use XML spy as sender that is not definible in SLD directory!

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

XML spy cant be given as sender or receiver,

u have to create a business system in SLD as third party and use this business system for both sender and receiver.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I have to do a TEST of my scenario and I have to call my webservice trough XI!!! Then I have decided to use XML Spy. How can I solve my problem of Sender Service in Receiver Determination?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Business Service in Integration Directory and assign Sender Interface to it.

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have not understand my problem...

My sender system is XML Spy!!!!! I can't create a sender channel for it!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

it does not matter how are u testing the scenario:)

u cant give XML spy as sender service,u have to create business systems in SLD and give this name in sender and receiver services.

business system is the logical system which has to be specified for scenarios and it cant be any testing tool.

ur scenario will run just fine if u create business systems in SLD and use that as service

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

The creation of a Business System (created in SLD) or Business Service (created directly in Int. Directory) as a sender service is required for any scenario. Yes, you're actually using XML Spy to act as the web service client in this case, but the web service client could be XML Spy, soapUI, SOAP Scope, or the actual web service application that eventually will send it. The point is you need a "logical" sender service created to act as the sender system and this will be in the form of a Business System or Business Service.

Then when you web service client calls XI (using XML Spy or whatever), the URL will contain the sender service that you created to act as the sender. The URL looks like this:

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<b>service</b>:channel

<party> is only necessary if using a party as part of the sender (which you're probably not).

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

you have finally understand my problem! Therefore, I already know what you have said, and I ask to you what sender I have to put when I build the Receiver Determination.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele -

You put in whatever Business System or Business Service that you have created to represent the web service client (XML Spy in your test case) as the sender service. If you haven't created a Business System or Business Service for this purpose, then you must do so.

If you already know this, perhaps you need to ask a different question or phrase your question differently.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

ok, I understand you, then I will configure my Sender Business System in SLD. So, when I create a new Technical System, I have to specify:

- System Name

- Host Name

What I have to put as Host Name?

After this I will create a Business System that will be my sender system. What I have to specify as "Logical System Name" ? A generic custom name?

Thank you very much!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele -

I don't know what your actual client system will eventually be, but for test purposes, you can create the Technical System (and Business System) as a "Third-Party" type. The "System" and "Hostname" really aren't validated, so you can put in anything for test purposes - obviously, something meaningful is always good.

Logical System name is optional and mainly applies for SAP systems. For testing, you can leave it blank.

Regards,

Jin