Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call all standard ABAP functions from inside AMDP

former_member202516
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using AMDP to process BW transformation. The plan is to do some validations on incoming data and notify user via email if something is wrong. My first thought was to create my own AMDP class with method SEND_EMAIL(importing table) with the method which calls standard function SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

Inside BW generated AMDP class method, if certain condition is met, I will call my own AMPD=>SEND_EMAIL(table=> :error_data).

I don't think this will work since my own AMDP class method wont have database procedure. Is this thing that Im trying possible at all?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mijodrag,

it is not possible to call an ABAP function module within an AMDP.

Regards,

Florian

former_member202516
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

is it possible to raise an exception to stop the DTP process in BW?

Regards,

Mijodrag

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can raise exceptions within SQLScript (SIGNAL and RESIGNAL - SAP HANA SQLScript Reference - SAP Library). Since NW 7.40 SPS08 you can define exceptions for AMDP methods (ABAP Keyword Documentation). CX_AMDP_EXECUTION_ERROR should be the right one.

former_member202516
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for help!

ramana_salapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Is it possible to call a classic ABAP Class static method inside AMDP method?

The reason is REPLACE sql string function is not working on SPACE which is why I'm thinking to call ABAP Classical Class Statis Method within AMDP method so that I can use ABAP Syntax to achieve the logic.

Kindly help/guide me to solve the issue.

Regards,

Ramana.

Answers (0)