cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Table Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have 2 sets of characteristics (X1, X2) and (M1, M2). The values of X1 & X2 are same and also the values of M1 & M2 are same.

I need to maintain the value combinations in a table along with another characteristic Y used for inference. Since X1, X2 have same values and M1, M2 have same values, I do not want to use five columns but just use three columns by creating additional characteristics X & M (values of which are same as X1, X2 and M1, M2 respectively). My table will have columns X, M & Y.

Whenever, customer enter values in X1 and X2 and M1 and M2, I want to run this table which has columns as X, M & Y.

Please throw some light on how to write a constraint for this. Basically, I want to write the syntax in such a way that values entered in X1 & X2 and M1 & M2 should refer to the values in X & M.

Thanks & Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Its okay if values are same that is not the problem. We have different name Cstics that will help to write constrain,

Here your Y Cstics will use for inference. Y Cstics value will create unique combination of record in table. Correct?

Now can you create one sample table here so, base on that I can give you constrain.

And yes, Can you tell me? you want to write constrain to infer the value or to validate or restrict the user configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread as I did not get a suitable response.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Aditya,

You will get maximum repose when you form your question in proper way. It's not mandatory everybody will understand whatever you are typing.

To get the suitable response, just posting question is not enough. we have to do communication on response.  If they are not understanding your requirement make it clear them.

Here we did something like, we just post the question on June month and  Aug month we are responding I don't get suitable respose.

What effort we kept to get suitable resposnse?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keyur,

Probably there could have been a communication if I received your reply the same day or the next day I posted the question.

Looks like you are also not a regular user, like me, of the VC forum as you replied almost two weeks after the question was posted. I normally wait for a day for any replies. By the time you responded, I got a solution by myself but forgot to close the thread as I was travelling.

I got some business requirements changed and so many things happened, and I got a solution by myself by the time you replied. It became much simpler after that. Anyways your answer also would not have been correct for my requirement too.

Thanks & Regards

Adithya

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Okay I am agree with your rational words.

I am really very sorry for my words. Good to here that you get more simpler solution.

We will close here.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Unlikely other forum , VC module is niche and we have limited users as well as members. If I post a issue here I appreciate who ever care to reply on my thread. Its a voluntarily platform and members are contributing for betterment of VC world.

I suggest , please do not use forum just for asking questions, also do contribute to what ever topic you are comfortable with and help other user's.

This post still show status "Not Answered" , If you found the solution please close this thread. it would  great if you have can share your findings with forum so that it will be useful for user's who may face similar issue in future. I hope when you expect others to find time and share there knowledge and experience you should also do the same.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

This forum is really wonderful. I have implemented many things with the knowledge I gained from this forum. Having said this and on your comment;

I suggest , please do not use forum just for asking questions, also do contribute to what ever topic you are comfortable with and help other user's.

I too have contributed in this forum whenever I have logged in and see any VC related questions but if you feel my contribution is not enough, you or anybody can remove me from this forum or let me know if there is a way, where I can go out of this forum.

If I post a issue here I appreciate who ever care to reply on my thread.

I totally agree with you, but can't wait for two weeks in a live environment. At the same time, I am not responsible if a person's ego got pricked when I closed the thread with a comment. I do not expect an advice from a person who replied two weeks after posting the question.

Said all the above, I will not ask any questions in this forum again in the future as I am not a regular contributor.

Thanks & Regards,

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Seems you are taking it otherwise, I have no intention to demotivate you from posting issue. Please do not do that. Keep continue with forum and help us in what ever way possible.

Even now , a days I am not finding time to visit SCN daily , but I do it as soon as I get the opportunity. You can find my contact details in my profile, if future if needed drop a mail to me I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Also, please share with forum when ever you try a new thing it will help us improving our knowledge for designing more better VC solutions.

Thanks

Ritesh

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Adithya,

Really very sorry if my words heart you. If possible can some one delete my comment?

There is No Rule of Engagement on - irregular visitor should leave the forum.  

Can we please forgive everything and start sharing our knowledge here. Each every members are important in forum. We just want to enjoy your knowledge and we will also try to help you if we can. Next time I will try to response fast, If I know anything on your requirement.