cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA reduces TCO, really?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN community -

I've did a lot research and hands-on work on S/4HANA. In SAP whitepapers, marketing material and openSAP courses I always find the statement "S/4HANA reduces TCO". I do not find any case study or comparable proof for that.

Are there holistic theoretical TCO models, which (first) show which cost aspects to consider and (second) provide a sample calculation for at least a new implementation.

Thanks in advance!

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody else have a suggestion?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, e.g. APO will be a part of S/4, it means you don't need separate system and integration

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I think it's positivly refreshing, that you look for proof and truth behind marketing claims.

It's an idea that would not have crossed my mind.

I can't help you on that question, but maybe can?

best

Joachim

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny -

I already reviewed this TCO analysis. It includes a TCO case for SAP BW on HANA, SAP Business Suite on HANA and development on HANA. It provides an indication.

But this is what I am searching for S/4HANA.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anybody who may help on this question? Thank you!!

SarhanP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

SAP declares that S4HANA reduces TCO because:

The IT landscape is dramatically simplified by the consolidation of transactional and analytical data into one common in-memory structure. The application code is streamlined to leverage real-time processing. TCO is reduced, and performance is improved.

http://sapjourneymap.com/_assets/EnableYourDigitalValueChainandRunSimplewithSAPS4HANA.pdf

Page 7

This is the only proof that I have found.

Cheers,

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhan -

Thank you for your answer. The link you've shared is unfortunately not very specific on details. I am searching for more detailed information.

Thanks!