cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - screen navigation link disappears

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

In my Agentry app the screen navigation links initially display, but then disappear after about half a second after the screen is rendered.  This problem is occurring on iOS devices.

The nav links were working fine, and then this problem seems to have started around the time I recently upgraded the SMP SDK from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12, but the iOS Agentry client has remained the same: 7.11.0.68.  I've tried using the 7.12.x iOS Agentry client but have the same problem with it.

Is there a setting I'm missing in the code that controls the display of the iOS nav links?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Possibly.  The modules / back links are controlled by a setting in the editor.  If you have unchecked it that would explain it.

In the editor under Application | Application Settings | Title Bar Buttons verify that the Show title bar [X] and [OK] buttons option is checked.  If that is unchecked then you will not get the modules and back options in iOS.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill - That setting was unchecked, although the editor won't let me save the change after I check it.  I keep clicking the save button on the Properties pane however it remains unsaved.  Actually the editor won't let me save any changes under the Application Settings tab.  I've tried closing, re-opening Eclipse but no luck.  Is there something special you have to do to change the settings on this tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try checking the option, and change something else on the screen, like the caption.  After you save it change the caption back and save it again.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Steve mentioned, you may need to make another change that does enable the save button to make the change along with a temporary change and then undo the temporary change to get it to save correctly.

Publish that out and it should fix the problem.

--Bill

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

The save button actually is enabled after I change the setting, however when I click the button it doesn't save anything (i.e., it doesn't go back to 'disabled' state like it normally does after a successful save, and the 'Title Bar Buttons' label remains italicized indicating unsaved data). 

All of the settings under the Applications Settings tab are having this same problem, so I can't use another setting to trick it into saving the Title Bar Buttons property.  This seems to be the only application level tab that is having the problem.  The settings under the other tabs are saving with no problem.

After making the change I tried clicking on a different tab, which prompts me to save the changes before exiting.  When I click Yes to save, it does seem to save the change temporarily, but when I navigate to a different section of the code, such as Screen Sets, then come back to Application Settings, it has reverted back to its unset value.  I tried publishing right after using this save technique, but the publish screen tells me "0 definitions changed".

This is the first time I've tried to change anything under Application Settings since upgrading to editor plugin 70.12.1.11.  I'm guessing there's a bug in this version of the editor that not only changed the Title Bar Buttons value to unset, but also won't let you modify anything in Application Settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

I have faced this issue. what you have to do is

1. export the application

2. delete the current agentry application from editor. Restart the editor.

3. import the exported agxz file to the editor.

4. Now try to check the checkbox.

5. Save the changes.

6. Deploy the application and test.

Thanks

Ajitesh

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Ajitesh,

Thanks, this helped me work around the problem and get it working again.

I tried using an export that I created today, but that didn't work.  I discovered that my other existing projects were also having the same problem, however if I created a new project from scratch it didn't have the problem.  So I'm guessing that any project that existed at the time I upgraded the agentry editor is now affected with this problem.  When I upgraded the editor, due to an error I was getting in the upgrade process I had to uninstall the editor plugin, then install the new version.  This may have something to do with the issue.

Luckily I'd created an export of my project prior to the editor upgrade, and importing from that is allowing it to work.

These were the steps:

1. delete the project from editor

2. delete the application from SMP cockpit (note any configuration settings for the app that will need to be re-entered when the app is recreated)

3. stop/start SMP server

4. recreated the application in SMP cockpit

5. imported the project into the editor from export I'd created prior to the editor upgrade

6. stop/start SMP server to allow Backend tab info to display in cockpit

7. configured Backend tab info in SMP cockpit

Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)