cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While saving a Return order , how to remove this error message : Item 10 with HU managed storage location F201 is not allowed

former_member225253
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SD gurus ,

Kindly bear with with me SD experts as I am not a SD person but a Technical ABAP person .

I want to understand this SD functionality . While saving a Return order , how to remove this error message : Item 10 with HU managed storage location F201 is not allowed .

This return order has been made with reference of a billing document with multiple line items .

I have few questions experts :

1. Whenever a Return order in made , does the storage location always also gets copied ? If yes , how to stop that through Configuration activity ?

2. What is the Configuration activity required to remove this error message ?

3. Does writing code in User exit is a solution for this or configuration changes is the solution for this ?

Could you please help me resolve this issue.​ I am struggling on this since few days now .

Solutions would be rightly appreciated .

Thanks in advance .

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devendra,

Here are my answers to your questions:

1- No.

2- By using copy control functionality (From billing document to sales order this is t-code VTAF) you assign routines. In these routines/includes, the logic for copying requirements, which fields will be copied etc are handled. Vbrp-lgort is probably copied to vbap-lgort in your routine at item category level. You can create your own routines via VOFM and assign these routines via VTAF.

3- The best practice is to solve this is via routines, not user exits.

former_member225253
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your Helpful Reply . Which form routine should be used for this ?

Rgds ,

Dave

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devendra,

Please check the routines in field GRUAP for your relevant process (from your billing document type to your sales document, for your item category) and find your routine. If you choose another routine, a whole lot of critical copying functionality will probably change. Instead of this, check if vbap-lgort is being copied. If it's so, create your own routine by copying the whole code to your new routine, and delete only the relevant line (vbap-lgort = vbrp-lgort). This way, the whole other functionality will work exactly like it is, only storage location will not be copied.

former_member225253
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Thanks again . I went to VOFM transaction --> Data transfer ---> Orders .

Then i found this routine 104 which has this text in above apart of Include : FV45C104

==========================

*       Copy item business data from the billing document             *
*       The following work areas are available:                       *
*        VBAK - Header of the order                                   *
*       CVBRK - Header of the reference billing document              *
*       VBAP - Items of the order                                    *
*       CVBRP - Items of the reference billing document               *
*        VBKD - Business data of the document                         *
*       KUAGV - Sold-to view                                          *
*       KURGV - Payer view                                            *
*       KUWEV - Ship-to view                                          *
*       XVBPA - Partner table of the document header                  *
*       CVBPA - Partner table of the reference document               *
===========================          

Would Copying this Routine to customized one and writing VBAP-LGORT = ' ' . ( blank ) solve the purpose for return order error  ?

Suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks and Rgds ,

Dave

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the routine which has been asigned in your item copy control customizing? I doubt that, as this is for business data (table VBKD). Please check the routine in field VBAP_ (probably 153) - FV45C153. You can clear vbap-lgort after move-corresponding statement.

Bear in mind that your new routine shall be assigned to your copy control customizing after generating program RV80HGEN. This program should be generated in each server (QA and Production) after transporting the request.

Answers (0)