cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel picked the file but No logs available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a unique issue in my sender file adapter(processing mode delete) wherein the file is getting deleted from the directory but there are no logs for the message(file) in either CC or MONI. I have also checked in the communication component if there is some other channel which might have picked the file but in vain.

Please provide your valuable inputs on this. How can I fix this issue (happening sometimes in my PI system)?

Regards,

Prashant Mishra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member651131
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

Enabling the staging and logging options.

transaction SXMB_ADM  -> Configuration -> Integration Engine Configuration

Then, set parameter name TRACE_LEVEL, LOGGING, LOGGING_SYNC with values from 1 to 3 (3 is max trace/logging).

Thanks

srikanth

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Could the polling be happening from a different environment that the one that you are looking into?

Alternately, is there any receiver determination condition in your configuration, which may be ignoring the message if the condition is not met?

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Polling is only happening from Production environment. There are separate channels for Q and DEV. I have checked their logs too but in vain.

There is no receiver determination condition. Its a plain configuration.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cross Check if your any your other servers Dev/Q/P is polling with the same ftp server/folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked this option at the very beginning. There are separate source directories for DEV , Q and P.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You can try with basis team help to store a file without write permissions and to check if any exception is raised in other channel or there is any other process, outside PI, that it deletes the file.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a few doubts.

How can this exception be checked. Is there something like checking for channel logs at unix level?

Where can this exception be looked up for?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

One possible is your Empty-File Handling you selected Do Not Create Message and the file is empty that is why system is not creating the message for that file and just deleting based on your processing mode.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I checked for the file size. It was not empty.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

As already discussed please contct with basis people and maintain the auditlogs or check with enabling the staging and logging options.

Thanks,

Sreenivasa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide more inputs as to how this can be implemented.

Many thanks for the help

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant.

You have mulitple server nodes ?

Did you check in all the nodes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

There was no message in RWB.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

What about the receiver channel logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Receiver is IDOC. But that doesn't matter if the file is not showing for sender file interface in RWB and MONI. IDOCs will not be created unless there is a message processed for sender interface.

Regards,

Prashant Mishra

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant try with some other mode and check

And are your file was placed in the directory.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

check your audit log configurations.

Mean while in ICO enable staging and logging mechanisam and try..

Thanks,

Sreenivasa