Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap.hana* roles all missing

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running HANA SP11.02.

We could not access the HANA Admin Cockpit, after analysis, it turns out that not only the required roles sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator role,but also all the sap.hana* roles are all missing.

I executed the SAP minichecks scripts related to security and SAP HANA Role Overview :

As you could see the _SYS_REPO roles are not displayed

I checked the roles assigned to the user _SYS_REPO :

No 'sap.hana*', could be found here

So obviously the two follwoing commands would return the same error :

call GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE('sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator','SYSTEM')

CALL _SYS_REPO.GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE('sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator','SYSTEM')

Could not execute 'call GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE('sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator','SYSTEM')' in 16 ms 27 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Can only grant activated roles, not sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator

By "activated", I guess it means "existing" role, anyone has any idea of what is going one and how do i get back the missing roles ?

And yes, the system is running fine and all services are actives :

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have sap package in your CONTENT folder. if that is not present the Roles artifact will not activate and show.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We are running a single database (no multitenant) and we did not upgrade from 92, but from 11 to 11.2 some time ago, and there wasn't any error in the upgrade.

I just checked the content folder and I noticed something strange indeed :

The node PUBLIC is missing

I compared with another HANA database from another landscape which does not have the issue :

The role PUBLIC is actually assigned to SYSTEM user, but it seems that the rols is empty.

I have no idea of what is going on.

Any idea ?

Thanks

chandan_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that could be the issue. In order to have all the sap.hana.* role . you need to have those hdbrole artefact in the folder I am showing below. Else this will not show. Check that and try importing those DU so that those will show.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find the solution? We are seeing the same on newly installed box

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just opened a sap incicent to sap support.

Really weird, it looks like sone delivery unit are missing even though HANA database is behaving normally.

On which platform have you deployed hana ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened message for SAP too. They are asking to import the DUs. I will try this post-lunch and let yu know

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please tell me which DU SAP is telling you to import and are you goinf to import those ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raoul

SAP:-

It looks certain

Delivery units are not imported which contain these roles. Can you

please try importing ZHANA_ADMIN delivery unit from autocontent

location. For information about importing package  refer to the

followng link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/bb/d63330bb571014b139cfda5fe8bbf5/content.htm

PATH:-

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/auto_content

Thanks

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please import the ones which are missing in your system. Compare with the ones where its working.

I had to import few othere DUs too from same auto_content and we are good now. 🙂

Its strange its missing in QA but worked in DEV and Prod

Thansk

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

Did you perform HANA version update before? Was there any error regarding to delivery units. If you had, regarding to this thread: and note 1997289 - After an upgrade, the role sap.hana.xs.admin.roles::<rolename> is missing.

Is it multitenant database container environment?  Compared with others to check if there is missing delivery units as per note 2182103 - Troubleshooting HTTP Access in Multitenant Database Containers -> 2. Verify that the required DUs are deployed on the database

If you recently performed update of MDC, did you restart tenant DB to trigger update of SAP HANA content?

Regards,

Ning