cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Story to PDF creates a blank screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Lumira desktop 1.31.0, with Adobe Reader 11, version 11.0.16

I select the story to use in Compose, then File, Export as file..., Pages all and set dataset filters to display in appendix, then select Export.

Everyting seems to execute fine.

When I select the file in my local directory and start it in Adobe, the first screen, theoretically the story, shows a blank white sceen and page two shows the dataset filter just fine.

I searched the knowledge base with no success.  Can anyone provide some relief?

Thanks,

Ken Lauver

Lockheed Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Found something similar in,

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_131_restr_en.pdf

After installing graphomate extension in SAP Lumira Desktop and creating a document using graphomate chart, when you export the document as PDF, a blank page is displayed.

To resolve this issue, disable the Show Latest Data option before exporting the document with graphomate chart as PDF.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

I received the same issue with the delivered examples and I am not using graphomate. but I did try to disable the "Update data for incomplete charts" option and still received no joy.

I do have an SAP Incident open and will publish their response.

Thanks,

Ken

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken.

Do you have any custom extensions installed?

Even if you do not use it in your story.

Br,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have any "custom" extensions but I do have Galigeo Map and Heatmap as well as SAP BW Data Acq. Connector and SAP Universe Query Panel.

All not used in this story.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Galigeo provides an extension for Lumira. Once an extension is installed as mentioned re. graphomate, PDF exports stop working. To see if this is the issue, please uninstall Galigeo and try the export then.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Chat with SAP Lumira Support! See KBA 2213344 - Starting a chat with SAP Support [video]

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Why Ludek might be true, note that this is not relative to Galigeo extension, but to all extensions that use a <div> as main container.This is a problem on SAP side.

Br,

Vincent

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Vincent. Did not mean to throw Galigeo under the bus . You are absolutely correct that this is the case with any extension. E.g.; Graphomate which I mentioned too.

- Ludek

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem Ludek, I've already worked with Bengalore teams to fix this issue but it still remains to this day. But I think Lumira 2.0 will bring some ways to handle it.

Br,

Vincent

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ken:

I can replicate your issue; I recommend creating an incident with SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, will do.

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Can you try exporting any one of the sample files in Lumira to PDF and see if the you have the same issue.

I did not get any blank screen for these examples. I used the same Export conditions.

Thank you,

Varun Anand