cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Supplementation Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am not 100% sure if i am right here with my questions ?

I have some questions regarding language supplementation in SAP:

1.) Are there any disadvantages with language supplementation

2.) Will Customer Tables (Z) also be supplemented

3.) Can i determine after the supplementation which texts have not been translated

4.) Is there a "undo function" when using language supplementation

5.) How can i transport supplemented languages ?

6.) How time consuming is the supplementation process ??

Thanks for your assistance.

Br,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'll answer the questions to the best of my knowledge and experience.

1) The obvious disadvantage is the physical disk space required in the various tables for the missing texts that will be supplemented. However, you should have already sized the various tablespaces to accomodate the additional languages. I suppose the other disadvantage is the fact that missing texts that should have been displayed to users in their native language will only appear in the supplemented language.

2) Customer tables will not be supplemented. It's up to your developers to perform translations for any cutomer ABAP objects.

4) I don't believe so.

5) You can use language packages generated in the source system but if you're importing languages from Support Packages then I think you'd supplement in each system after SP import.

6) I suppose that depends how many lnguages you have to supplement and how many missing texts are in the target language but from experience it won't take hours.

Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/0ffd2138c64c768cc19fe519884b4c/frameset.htm">SAP Help</a> for additional information.

Gary

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the information. This was very useful for me, because i am currently planning to do a language supplementation in a customer system and i had some doubt.

Best Regards,

Martin