Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Complex Structure in Webservice

christophe_hu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have created a webservice using a RFC function module, on the export parameters I have declared a complex structure (table that contains another table).

The person who is calling the webservice is not retrieving any data but there is no error log on SRT_UTIL tcode.

I have looked on internet and as far as I have understood, the complex structure is not managed on webservice.

Do you know what is the issue?

Can we use complex structure on webservice?

thank you in advance.

Br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alessandroieva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i advice you to try with external tool to call your webservice because if it work good it isn't issue of webservice.

AI

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess your table has lines of type structure, whose one component is a table, right?

There's no issue doing that in RFC-enabled function modules, wrapped into a web service.

The most important question to ask is about "The person who is calling the webservice is not retrieving any data". You mean "no data and no error"? First, ask him his exact HTTP request. Run it yourself on your system. You may also start a trace and ask the guy to run it again (see forum/sap doc for tracing web services).

christophe_hu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

Tks a lot for your reply. You are right my table has one component which is a table.

There is no error after the person is calling the webservice ( I have checked the SRT_UTIL tcode).

I will try to ask him the exact HTTP request and try to run it trough a webservice consumer.

Tks

br.