cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3 SP3

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we have just upgraded our QA system to Personas 3 SP3 (from SP2) and now I get the following error message when logging into my QA system:

"E: Object created in system  <DEV system>; edit object in original system"

It does not prevent me from using the system, but Personas stopped working (no P icon anymore) and also shows the same message in the status bar. I cannot get any detailed info on it, clicking on it does nothing. I've run the Health Check tool and all recommended OSS Notes have been applied.

My Kernel version is 7.42 level 413 (as it is in DEV, where we also have SP3 but all is working fine.)

I could not find anything related to this error message - can anyone please tell me what needs to be done to fix this?

Thanks,

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Gabriela,

As soon as a flavor gets added to a transport request it gets locked for editing in all other systems and clients. This feature prevents accidentally changes to flavors in other clients/systems than the source system.

If you still want to do it, then maintain customizing table /PERSONAS/STTNGS and add new table line with parameter name = "ORIG_SYST_CHECK_OFF" and value "X".

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant, thanks for the reply - I did include that setting in the custom table, moved it to QA and it worked!

I'm just curious though as to why I was getting this error if I did not even try (or want to) make changes to a flavor in my QA system - the error came up as soon as I logged into SAP (I assume somewhere during the Personas-related system initialization).

But, for now, problem resolved.

Thanks a million!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dominik_ofenloch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

Sushants solution is in your case just a workaround to remove this message. A few days ago I had a similar customer incident with another message. I forwarded this to our SAP GUI colleagues and they found a problem in their sources. Please check out note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2332947 .

I think it could also help if you create also an incident on support component BC-FES-CTL asking them whether their patch of note 2332947 also fixes your problem.

Best regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hi, Dominik - I realize it is a workaround, so I do have to open an incident still.

The note you mentioned still does not mention what patch contains the solution for this.

It at least is not an emergency anymore since the workaround allows us to continue to use Personas in QA.

Thanks,

Gabriela

dominik_ofenloch
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

our colleagues mention in the note that you have to wait for the next SAP GUI patch for a final solution of the problem. So I assume this will be patch 9 or maybe 10.

I recommend you to create an incident because this enables our development team to check whether their patch also applies to your problem. If not we have to do another correction.

Best regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos

Excellent. Thanks!

0 Kudos

thanks dominik!!