Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Z-form for Inspection Lot (qa33)

former_member461047
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently working on a requirement where I have to display a custom Adobe form when the user clicks on print Inspection Report in T-code qa33 instead of the default SAP Script.

Please suggest what should I do in order to get my form triggered and also to read the selected inspection lot number i.e., QALS-PRUEFLOS.

-

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Please take clues form the similar discussion in this thread - https://scn.sap.com/thread/1784387

Thanks to all original contributors to the attached thread!!

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member461047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thank you so much for responding. I will surely take a look at that exit but however the client has given some print program settings which needs to be done in T-Code CQ85. If I go ahead with this exit does it mean that I would have to bypass the settings done in CQ85 ?

-

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Normally transaction CQ85 is used for printing below things for an inspection lot -

a) Inspection Instruction (List - LV*, Ex; LV01)

b) Sample Drawing Instruction (List - LG*, Ex; LG01)

c) Sample Label (List - LG*, Ex; LG02)

d) PRT List (List - LF*, Ex; LF01), etc

Based on this list type, different SAP Scripts are maintained, and then different print programs accessing these forms can print the forms.

But you initially asked for printing "Inspection Report" in QA33, which you can see form the menu bar. If this being the case, then by default you will be forced to pick the standard Script QM_INSP_RESULT, though you can pick the most relevant one form F4 help, but you can't really use a custom form here. Thus, if this is your requirement, then you should try to use the exit QSS10001. Else, you need to make changes in QC85, and for that there are many discussions already happened in SCN forum, which should be leveraged. You need to search correctly to avoid any further confusions.

Also please note that if you are trying to print "Inspection Report" then it calls the program RQGAAM31 which is different than the lists (Ex; LG*, LF*, LK*, etc) printed by print programs RQDSES20, RQPRPP10, RQEEAS20, etc. So, in case if you use the proposed exit, that should ideally do not have any impact on your process. BUT - you should do a regression test to avoid any unplanned issues.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member461047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks a lot for helping me understand the process, I have understood the difference between printing 'Inspection Report' and 'Inspection Instruction'. On digging further I found out that we can trigger LV01 print program (configured in CQ85) from T-code QA03 for printing 'Inspection Instruction' and like you suggested I looked into the User Exit for printing 'Inspection Report'. I have communicated this information to our client. On that that note I will close this thread.

-

Thanks and Best Regards,

Naresh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My feeling on this is to copy the underlying program that retrieves the data and modify it to use a Smartform.

There is a user exit that allows you to add items to the inspection lot screen I believe.  Use that functionality to call the program and pass the inspection lot number.  It's one extra click to do this.

Do not change the program used by the inspection report button.  If anything, you can create a transation variant that can call a special sapscript form if you want.

Of course the easiest thing to do is find a good SAP script developer and just do a new form.  Why is it a requiremnet you have to use Smartforms?  SAP has never yet modified the system for smartfroms in the QM module.  To the best of my knowledge most versions of SAP require a custom program to be wirtten.  Which is not a good idea in most cases.

Just becasue the client wants to use Smartforms everywhere, doesn't mean its a good idea in all cases.

Craig

former_member461047
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you for responding. The client is very particular about using Adobe Forms for this requirement, I will pitch the idea about using the exit. Lets hope for the best.

-

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh