cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM Issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello LVM community. I have LVM 2.1 SP6 with hostagent 721/sp11 up and running. I have two areas where I am not able to resolve. I have two sap tickets open but not getting support. My first issues is

1. Occasionally we need to stop and start the LVM server for system /server maintenance. When we stop and start we have to manually re initialize monitoring in all 300 instances and my Task does not seem to work after the restart stating that the task id have been deleted. I have to recreate a new task and re add  the systems. .  AM I missing a step when stopping and restarting LVM?  Does LVM have a way of maintaining or reconnecting to all systems after a restart?

2. My second issue is that LVM/Hostagent/sapdbctrl seems to time out on some of my hana systems especially mult-node systems. Single node systems its a hit or miss but multi node it happens consistently (timeout)

Thanks anyone for any assistance..

DON-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donald,

1. Please go to the Netweaver Administrator where your LVM instance runs, Operations tab, select Jobs and then Java Scheduler. Check if the Java jobs LVM_Job_Monitoring and LVM_Job_ProcessExecutor are running. If don´t, release them in the Tasks tab

2. What´s the version of your Host Agent? Did you check note 2331119? Maybe you have to change your timeout.

Regards

Carlos

Answers (0)