Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal Authorisations

former_member110461
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very strange issue (to me it is strange!).

We are using EP7 accessing an ECC6 system. We are implementing appraisals using the BSP application HAP_DOCUMENT.

One of the pages with this application allows you to create a new appraisal based on a template. When the user has sap_all, the different templates appear in a dropdown. When they have the role I have created, the dropdown is blank.

When I do a trace, it says it is doing a check on object P_HAP_DOC with return code 4. It is looking for:

ACTVT 02

PLVAR 01

HAP_CAT_G 00000001

HAP_CAT 00000001

HAP_TEMPL 50000114

PROFL

I have tried adding P_HAP_DOC with * * * * * * to get it to work, but even then it complains with return code 4. When the user has sap_all, it returns return code 0 and works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have experienced the same thing some time ago.

are you using structural auth.?

please also have the bsp page checked on which this occurs.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have experienced the same thing some time ago.

are you using structural auth.?

please also have the bsp page checked on which this occurs.

0 Kudos

I haven't applied any structural auths yet - although I will run the programs to update the structural auths tables.

The BSP is documents_todo.htm in the hap_document BSP application.

Did you solve your issue?

Paul

0 Kudos

yes, I managed to solve it. I don't exactly remember what the issue was back then, but I think it had something to do with the coding of the bsp page itself.

we used a "dummy" role for certain managers in order to get all possible templates displayed. the bsp page checked the assignment of this specific role and displayed all templates. but, this may not be of any use to you...

can you tell me what field of the P_HAP_DOC object returns code 4?

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The object might be required but not sufficient is what I can get from your description.

The problem might be with the PLOG object too.

See if the trace has PLOG with RC=4.

Give full access to PLOG and see if the drop down is populated that would indicate the problem is with PLOG.

verify apart from the object u mentioned and the PLOG what else is with RC=4 or 12 in trace

Also I would suggest for time being add

PD Profile "ALL" to the User ID in OOSB tcode to make sure that the failure is not due to the strucutural authorizations.

How is application in EP calling the backend system.If its a function module and calling through an RFC then make sure you have S_RFC with corresponding Function Module name with execute(16)activity with FUGR as RFC Object type.

If its a Internet communication framework based call to function module then it might require S_ICF

Hope this helps

Manohar

Message was edited by:

Manohar Kappala

0 Kudos

Found it. It was S_SERVICE.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you were successful in having the templates appear when it was finally combined with structural authorizations? We are experiencing the same difficulties here.

Thanks,

Leah