Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM_UI Configuration View on home page changes

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello CRM UI experts,

I have a Situation at the Moment that is not life threatening but very disturbing.

When I start the CRM_UI in the keyuser user role, I receive the following Screen:

It retrieves the correct configuration view:

When I create a new incident and return to the home page again, the system retrieves a different view

In this case, it retrieve a different configuration view

I could configure both to be the same Default, but as soon as a user starts to personalize the view, they drift apart for the user and he/she does not understand that the second view is different.

Does anyone have a idea how to configure the system, so that the same configuration is used in both cases?

Thanks and best regards,

Kent Kleinsteuber

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

You are right that different components are being used.

SM-SP-HOME -> is used when you click at Home menu or log into the CRM Web UI

CUAICHome -> is used after create the incident

You can see that when you click at home screen area and press F2:

So, the reason why you see different UI Configurations is because you are using the component usage filter = SM-SP-HOME.

It happens because when you copy the UI Configuration, the system automatically assign the current context information:

In order to solve the issue, you need to copy the configuration again and replace the component usage by <DEFAULT>, so the configuration will be valid for both components: SM-SP-HOME and CUAICHome.

Cheers,

Fernando

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Sounds logical. One more question, do I need to delete the other 2 configurations for SM_SP_HOME and CUAICHone in order to force it take the <DEFAULT> configuration?

Thanks again and Best regards,

Kent

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

when you copy these setting it is copied from standard business role key like SOLMANPRO to your ZSOLMANPRO so if you keep default or some other view based upon component view it is only valid for your business role key

thus there is no need to remove any standard settings from standard business role which is not a best practice as well

Thanks

Prakhar

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I am not sure you understand my question...I do not want to delete standard configurations. The configurations that asked if I should delete are customer view configurations.

I have copied one of the view seen here above

AIC_HOME/HOMEOV/ZSOLREQU_K/SM-SP-HOME/<DEFAULT>/<DEFAULT> -->

AIC_HOME/HOMEOV/ZSOLREQU_K/<DEFAULT>/<DEFAULT>/<DEFAULT>

Do I need to delete the view configurations

AIC_HOME/HOMEOV/ZSOLREQU_K/SM-SP-HOME/<DEFAULT>/<DEFAULT>

and

AIC_HOME/HOMEOV/ZSOLREQU_K/CUAICHome/<DEFAULT>/<DEFAULT>

?

Thanks and best regards,

Kent

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

Yes because i wasn't aware you do have 2 custom one's already copied to ur custom business role this is why i said don't delete standard

Never mine, you can remove custom config(except the default one) to confirm your query so that your z* business role will have DEFAULT as subcomponent for both views

i hope this helps further

thanks

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

is this clear enough ..are you able to succeed and resolve issue

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

I believe you might have used the role configuration key for the each of the views with appropriate business roles.

Further, Please can you check logical reason for the different component usage for the different views.

Thanks

Rishav

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Thanks for the information.

Please check the following link that you provided my as it returns an not found error.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/10/09/quick-tip-business-r...

Unfortunately, I cannot explain the logic behind the current definition as I have just taken over the system. It was customized over a year ago and the external consultant is not available to explain the settings.

If you need any more information, please let me know. Thanks!

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to any expert in this area!

As I wrote before, the view configuration changes when returning from creating a new ticket. The component usage for the home page after logging in is SM-SP-HOME. After returning from creating or responding to a ticket, the component usage is expecting CUAICHome.

I tried just deleting the entry with the component usage of CUAICHome. Now it defaults back to the complete <DEFAULT> entry, as the component usage CUAICHome is no longer available.

I have tried to figure out where this information is configured, so that I can change it with no avail.

Does anyone have an Idea how this can be configured to always point to the component usage SM-SP-HOME?

Thanks for any assistence!

Best regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Please check the Link ID defined in the Navigation Bar being used (as defined within the Business Process Role):and make sure its SM_SPHO_WC:

Kindest regards

Paul

KentP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information. Yes, the Link-ID is correctly maintained in the navigation bar profile.

I have done a little more investigation and found that the assignment is made in the Component AIC_INCIDENT_G --> outbound plug OP_TOHOME

Here is the debug call:

And here the contents of the navigation link:

It clearly shows that CUAICHome will be used.

Where can this be configured, if at all?

My goal is that the same home page configuration used in all cases, so that the users are not confused when using the systems.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Kent

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

you need to configure the views as per your requirement

check some of my blogs if it can be of some help

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/10/09/quick-tip-business-r...

further, once you set the default view,every user of logged in will see the same as per business role.

hope it helps.

Thanks

Prakhar