cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a functionality in SAP where we can automate the screens .For example with the click of button automatic sales order , delivery and billing is created with the help of a button Can somebody help me out with the same . Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyways, fellow members have already provided you a high-level solution for you to take forward your requirement,

Now 1st you have to talk with your technical team regarding the technical feasibility of the solution.

If in case you want help from the community, then you have to come up with specific issues your facing. And that mean you have to elaborate your requirement properly and be specific.

Moreover, in my opinion, you can't simply automate the sales process cycle from Sourcing of Customer to Sales Order to Billing to Account Posting.

Also, have look at the following post: Asking Good Questions in the SCN Discussion Spaces will help you get Good Answers

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

As per my analysis done there are multiple transactions which I need to record in 1 click to eloborate the requirement further

I am using following transactions:

Before creation of sales order i need to create a new customer (SD) XD01

Which includes VA01 - creation of sales order where i need to enter new customer, material and change the condition records for pricing (going to vk12)(SD)

Using transaction VF04 - Combine Billing document (SD)

FI consultants : will use F-02 for transferring the amount from old customer to new customer (FI)

These are the transactions I need to record.

Sorry for posting this again but this is the first time i am working in such scenario. Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parikshit,

Are you aware of the SAPGUI functionality to create 'Favorites' when you first log on?

These are like shortcuts.  When you first log onto SAP, you can set up your SAPGUI to present you with a list of Favorites.  You only create the ones you need; each user can create their own.

So, a user could create favorites for their initial logon screen for

XD01

VA01

VF04

F-02

Clicking any of these favorites would navigate the user to the appropriate transaction.

Speak to your key user about this, and other standard GUI functionality.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy for the reply

Yes i know about that functionality in SAP

But their actual requirement is to automate and simplify the process using the mentioned flow. Just like we record the script using the click of a button automatically the flow should work.

Best Regards

Parikshit

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Parikshit,

If you want order processing like script then you should use LSMW or BDC .

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

WIth one BDC will it successfully process all the transactions which includes New customer creation (XD01), sales order Creation (VA01), Combined billing document (VF04) and F-02 .  Can there be a BDC which creates all the transactions in one go?

Best Regards

Parikshit

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parikshit,

For which industry, you are trying out this solution?

Why so much of bewildering! You can simply use Transaction F-22 or FB70 for creating customer invoices. Why you need sales order in this "One Click" Automated process?

Thanks,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Its a construction industry .

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, if sales order is involved, what sort of sales are these? Means what sort of material you sell?

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

land and construction material it is already an enhanced system.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is milestone billing or project sales involved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parikshit,

But their actual requirement is to automate and simplify the process using the mentioned flow. Just like we record the script using the click of a button automatically the flow should work.

There is a big difference between creating a workflow and a 'one-click' solution.  I am still not really sure what you actually want.

Is this an existing mature implementation of SD and FI, in which the client already knows very well about SAP functionality, or is this a brand new implementation?  Have you explained to the client all the hurdles he will face in a 'one-click' solution?  Exactly what is your role in this project?

The reason I ask these questions is because it is a very uncommon business scenario where a single person would perform all of the tasks that your 'one-click' solution would imply. I hope you consider the topic of Authorizations before you actually develop your solution.

It sounds to me more like you wish to develop some type of workflow solution.....

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search SCN or Google before posting such generic query.  Also go through SCN RoE before posting further queries and try to adhere to SCN RoE.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prikshit,

Now sure what exactly your requirement, you don't to fill any value in sales order ? do you want creation of delivery and billing automatically once sales order is created?

Could you elaborate your requirement please.

Thanks,

Prashant sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the reply yes the requirement is to automate the process in SAP . there are some transactions in SAP which my existing clients are running they want to automate the process in SAP with the click of a button is that possible in standard SAP ? Thanks

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If they are clicking a button this is not automation. If your client really wants automation, you can consider batch jobs operations which will create deliveries, post goods issues and create billing documents. If a user is taking the time to click a button to create a delivery, it should not be too hard for her/him to choose Sales document -> Delivery in Sales order screen, right?

On the other hand, if your requirement is to present a separate interface (worklist) for processing documents, why wouldn't transactions like VL10A, VL10C, VL06 and VF04 work for you?

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prikshit,

We have many tools (BDC, IDOC, BAPI) in SAP using through we can create Sales order automatically further we care create automated deliver and can create Billing through Batch job BUT I will still say elaborate your requirement ... then only solution can provide...