Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway host for registered TP shows local 127.0.0.1

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm facing an issue which is as follows: we are integrating SAP ABAP system with EDI system.

- Have created RFC connection of type T, using registered server program. Registered the server program through OS level on RHEL. Connection test comes OK.

- in SM59 the RFC ->Extras->System Information : both target and current system entries showing correct details.

When we try to trigger some IDOC, it goes and sit in SM58 with following error " Function IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS not found".

In SMGW -> Logged on Clients; I can see in Gateway host column 127.0.0.1 instead of the IP of SAP System.

Hosts file entries are all good, not sure why its happening here.

found an SCN thread Re: IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS error in an outbo... | SCN   where Christoph Gilberg has mentioned that they deregistered the program from localhost, but I'm wondering how to do that. Had stopped the registered program and restarted after a whole system reboot but again 127.0.0.1 popped in into SMGW ->Logged on Clients.

Any help on this is very much appreciable.

Thanks in advance,

SUJIT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

What did you use to register the program?

Was it the "rfcexec" program?

Because this is a test program...

The registration should be performed by the system that would receive the IDOCs.

If you see an error like "registration not allowed" at the logs from the receiver system, take a look at the SAP KBA 1850230. It has a video that shows how the reginfo rules (Gateway security feature) works.

It also has a link to the Gateway Access Control Lists - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki page, which provides further details about the reginfo rules.

Regards,

Isaías

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Isaías,

Thank you for your reply.

We are using gw/acl_mode=0, in this case I believe reg_info and sec_info are not required.

EDI scenario is new for me. Do you mean that its not required to register the program on OS level at SAP side ? 

You are correct I did register it on SAP system's OS level using "rfcexec" program.

I'll brief what I did for this so far:

a. Received the information from EDI system admin about their Program.

b. Created an RFC for that registered program on SAP of type "T" with registered program

c. Created ports and partner profile

d. Registered the program of point (a) using rfcexec at SAP OS level

e. Provided our system information to EDI partner (system hostname/IP address, gateway ports)

Pls let me know if anything seems to be incorrect other than "rfcexec", and shall I stop it now from OS.

Thank you again, you have been a great help to one of my problem earlier too .

Best regards,

Sujit

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

If the reginfo file exists, the value of the parameter "gw/acl_mode" does not matter.

This is because the gateway will use the rules within the reginfo file, no matter the value of "gw/acl_mode".

This parameter controls what would be the gateway internal, default rules if the reginfo file is not there.

So, if you have "gw/acl_mode = 0", ensure that the reginfo file does not exist.

If it exists, rename it to something else and reload the file (SMGW -> goto -> expert functions -> external security -> reread).

The gateway will then realize that the reginfo is not there anymore and will generate the internal rules based on "gw/acl_mode'.

After this, stop all rfcexec programs and contact your EDI team.

They should perform the registration of the program from their end.

Best regards,

Isaías

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaías,

Sorry I could not respond to your help timely, was busy with other activities.

I followed your suggestion. Stopped rfcexec program. There were no reginfo/secinfo files in system.

Parameter of gw/acl_mode is included in the profile parameter.

When asked EDI team, they sent below error log:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 01.07.2016 10:13:28.92 FtpAle-I: rpt_rfc_err; RFC error, Line  3 of 15 - ''
  2. 01.07.2016 10:13:28.92 FtpAle-I: rpt_rfc_err; RFC error, Line  4 of 15 - 'LOCATION    SAP-Gateway on host 140.171.11.3 / 3300'
  3. 01.07.2016 10:13:28.92 FtpAle-I: rpt_rfc_err; RFC error, Line  5 of 15 - 'ERROR       Return codes ( function=STIAsRcvFromGw /'
  4. 01.07.2016 10:13:28.92 FtpAle-I: rpt_rfc_err; RFC error, Line  6 of 15 - ' CPIC-RC=CM_PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_ERROR / SAP-RC=GW_CONNECT_FAILED )'

------------------------------------------------------------------

We have tested and are able to send IDOCs from SAP to EDI but when they try from their end they are getting above error.

Thank you,

Sujit

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

Based on the log you shared, that log would have 15 lines... Can you share all the 15 lines?

If you are able to send IDOCs from SAP to the external system, it would mean that the external system was able to connect to SAP.

The logs you sent suggest a connection error, which would not make sense (as the external system connected to SAP already, in order to register itself ).

Regards,

Isaías

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Isaías,

Thank you very much for your continues help with this issue.

I'm glad to inform you that the issue is resolved now. There was NATting in place and that was the culprit which was stopping the EDI system to connect to SAP. Incoming connection was referring to the NATted IP address.

The solution worked as following:

1. Introduced couple of parameters in DEFAULT.PFL :

rdisp/use_rfc_dest_lookup = ON (uppercase)

gw/alternative_hostnames = <NATted IP address>

2. Created an RFC as below:

3. In the EDI RFC- instead of using actual IP for Gateway, provided NATted IP address:

And after this the result is a working EDI connection to-and-fro .

Thanks & regards,

Sujit

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

You are welcome! Glad to hear that the issue is solved .

Regards,

Isaáis

Answers (0)