Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message type for RFC_READ_TABLE

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Have anyone tried configuring Fault Message Type for RFC_READ_TABLE in SAP PI/PO. I see the Fault message type in the "RFC_READ_TABLE" when I import it into PO but when I try to configure it in the inbound/outbound interface its not letting me configure the Exception structure in the fault message type. FYI I am already going through the following blog which doesn't have this issue that I have.

Regards

Kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

if you want to use FaultMessageType, you need to use a fault message that has a standard ExchangeFaultData as the data type

or otherwise you can use an external message by selecting external message in the type

or you can use RFC_READ_TABLE exception by selecting RFC Message in the type

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

I am using the standard RFC "RFC_READ_TABLE" and I would like to use the Fault message from that, but I tried what you said about trying to add the RFC_READ_TABLE.Exception into the Fault Role by selecting the Type as RFC message but its not letting me. If I manually type in Exception including the name space its not letting me activate it, it errors out saying the exception is not active.

Regards

Kalyan.

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kolyan!

I've just tried to set the message types of sync outbound interface to given RFC types. It saves and activates.

Regards, Evgeniy.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, it works.

Regards

Kalyan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

RFCs are by themselves are already interfaces, there is no need to create a service interface unless you want to create an abap proxy/java proxy for it. Just drag/drop the rfc directly in the operation mapping.

Regards,

Mark