cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Status shows Error for Access Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a access request and see if there is anyway to re-activate that part of the workflow.  Basically from GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD when I search for the request and go to the "Execution Details" tab under column "Approval Status" it shows "Error" for line Items 2 and 7 (look at attach picture Error 1).  Then when I go to the "Data log" tab under column "Approval Status" it shows Error but also completed action "Reject" for those same items.  I try to re-start the workflow from SWPR but nothing comes up and there are no dumps in SLG1 or ST22.  What can I do to fix the issue?

Note:  The request shows as "Running" but when I login as an administrator I can't approve the request.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Kindly provide audit log.

and your MSMP Task setting details please.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Attach is the audit and MSMP task.  Just for your information the system don't show any errors in the audit log, the only error I see is in the Data log.

Also:

• ZGRAC_NO_STAGE is use to provision a common role
  • ZGRAC_PROD_PATH settings are in picture attach
former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

as audit log perfectly say rejected, by administrator.

I would like to know , whether the request moved to next stage ?

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

This is a one stage process or 2 if there are SODs.  Basically when the administrator rejected those 2 roles those were the only pending items and the request should have moved to the SOD path if there where any SODs or finish but instead nothing happened. The request shows like is running and pending for approval and in the Work Items I see "Waiting for event 'Reject'".  Thanks for your help and appreciate any other suggestions.

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means that, the 2 line items either could not find an approver. It can also be that the 2 line items could not be routed to a path, and therefore could not be routed to an approver. As far as i know, there is no standard Routing rule for action 'Reject', for Access requests, unlike UAR.

Also, could you check if SOD routing rule is set as Request or Role/line item level.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Both item have approvers, the problem happen when one of the administrators try to reject those 2 items from the request because the actual approver was out.

SOD routing is set up at role level.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Just Re-Check the Following:

• Make sure the in agents and event linkages are enabled task-specific customizing
  • Check if the agents are maintained correctly in MSMP
  • Did you assigned the GRC Approver role SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_APPROVER to your approver?
  • Try re-generating the process ID SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST in the t-code GRFNMW_GEN_VERSION.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

The agents, access, etc. is correctly configure.  At this point the biggest problem is that the request shows as "running" and "decision pending" but when I log in with my "Administrator" access the approve button is not there (I can see approve button in other requests so access is not the problem).  From SWIA non of the steps status show "Error" I only see the error from GRFNMW_DBGMONITOR_WD.  I don't want to cancel the request because it already have several other approvals, so what I need is to force the approval some how.  Please any information is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Agents, event linkages and access looks good.  Basically the problem was created because one of the user Admins try to reject one of the roles in the requests because the actual approver was out for a few days.  After the administrator try to force the rejection of the role, the request got stuck.  Other wise this functionality has been working all along.  Is there anyway to just force the approval with SWIA?  I'm trying to get the request completed first and then try to find out what was the issue.