cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when extracting failed records from data insight scorecard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

We are dealing with a rather odd issue.  We recently implemented Information Steward - Data Insight for Customer and Vendor.  We have a series of rules created for each domain and a scorecard for each.  Here is what we are seeing.  When we drill into one of the domains (Vendor or Customer) and show the data score, during certain instances, no data will pull back.  The screen will clock.  There are specific variables that cause the symptom.

Scenario 1):  View/extract data from Key Data Domain - Scorecard from IS URL directly.  If I attempt to export data in any manner launching from the fully qualified URL.

http://<SERVERNAME>:8080/BOE/InfoStewardApp/

Scenario 2):  View/Extract data from key data domain - scorecard using scorecard specific URL.  We generate scorecard specific URL's so that we can branch out links internally via portal, sharepoint, etc.  The URL looks like:

http://<SERVERNAME>:8080/BOE/Scorecard?name=MDM_Data_Validation&view=summary&rdir=y&sortBy=0&kdds=2

The steps in scenario 2 is basically selecting a rule that has failed data, clicking view failed data and export.  Here is where we see the clocking.  It will not return.

Then this screen will hang and will require to click the x to close.  Then the below screen displays.

Only things of note is that we are using single sign on via active directory.  And the scenario two uses verbatim the URL that is generated out of IS.

HELP!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

If you are using Database connection while importing the source data into IS, same way create the connection in CMC for data that failed rules. Then while executing the task in IS,select the database which is created for data that failed rules. Once the task executed, try to extract/export the fail data using excel.

Steps to export/extract fail data in excel ...

Go to excel, select the "Data" in Menu, go to "From other resources", select "From SQL server",give the credentials and select the table against the database which is created for failed connection.

Thanks,

Hema

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think I've seen this.  Not sure which version you're on but I think it's a bug that has been fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on version 14.2.5.756.  Do you happen to know where or how it is fixed?  Our BASIS team has been digging and not yet able to fix it just yet.

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, I cannot remember which version or what context.

You should raise an incident with SAP though.

regards

Adrian