cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit: not possible to start (Retrofit Entry Loced by user - /TMWFLOW/RETRO_EXT102)

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have implemented SolMan (7.1 SP14) with ChaRM and Retrofit.

For retrofit, the managed landscapes are as follows:

DTE-QTE-QLE-PTE (let's call this Line "Run")

DTA-QTA-QLA-PTE (let's call this Line "A")

So two four-tier landscapes in parallel with the same production system.

We are testing the setup and have the following issue.

We have a Z-report in both DTE and in DTA.

We have modified this report in DTA.

Now we have also modified it in DTE. We have correctly received the CSOL warning on TR DTEK950217.

Now we are at the point of Retrofit. I have indicated a target transport request. The Retrofit category is correctly determined as "yellow" aka "to be transported with transport tool". So I press "transport with SCWB".

However then I get an error.

The following screenshot shows the log.

It shows error message /TMWFLOW/RETRO_EXT102: "Retrofit entry M000000001/DTA-300/DTEK950217 locked by user BDANDOY"

This Error message has as solution:

Procedure

Inform user &2 or wait until user &2 releases the entry. If you are user &2, you are locking the entry in another session.

However I have checked SM12 and there are no lock items on anything.

I don't understand what is blocking the retrofit execution...

Please help as this is blocking our tests (and go-live).

Kind regards,

Joyca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the complete error log.

@5B\QInformation@Retrofit entry M000000001/DTA-300/DTEK950217 locked by user BDANDOY
@5B\QInformation@Check transport objects for request DTEK950217
@5B\QInformation@Start retrofit for request DTEK950217 of user BDANDOY
@5B\QInformation@SCWB check started...
@5C\QError@Retrofit incorrect or incomplete for transport request DTEK950217
@5B\QInformation@Checks after retrofit started. For transport request DTEK950217
@5B\QInformation@Auto-import check started...
@5B\QInformation@Auto-import check not required. No objects in request
@5B\QInformation@SCWB check started...
@5B\QInformation@SCWB check ended with status
@5B\QInformation@BC Set check started...
@5B\QInformation@BC Set check not required. No objects of this type in request
@5B\QInformation@BC Set check ended with status
@5B\QInformation@Checking for processed objects...
@5D\QWarning@Not all objects processed. Archiving not started
@5B\QInformation@Objects processed. Check ended with status
@5D\QWarning@Retrofit incorrect or incomplete for transport request DTEK950217
@5B\QInformation@End of retrofit for request DTEK950217 of user BDANDOY on 21.06.2016/15:17:34

I already find is strange that the first line indicates my Maintenance task list (of line "Run", DTE etc, then DTA-300, and then my DTE transport. Why is he mixing in DTA-300 in there suddenly?

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca:

I assume you are retrofitting from DTE to DTA-300.  Is that correct?

Is the DTA transport for Z-report still open?  What user status is the correspondent DTA Change Document?  At least in Successfully Tested?  or was that Change Document already imported to PTE.   If that is the case, did you start your DTE change is on top of the DTA version of the Z-report.

Just want to get a broader view of the scenario.

Regards,

Juan-Carlos

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juan-Carlos,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Indeed we are retrofitting from DTE to DTA.

I have tried both cases, the TR on DTA on the Z-report still being open, and being released.

Currently, the TR on DTA is in status "successfully tested", so the TR in DTA is released.

Changes on DTA won't be imported into PTE for a long while. The "Line A" of DTA-etc is the implementation project, so imports in PTE won't happen until go-live.

To indicate the full details of the past of case at hand, we actually:

1) Created report ZZBDTEST_3 in DTE

2) Created the same report ZZBDTEST_3 in DTA manually (csol warning)

3) Released the transport in DTE. There Retrofit was not possible (Red icon) as the object was R3TR PROG and not LIMU REPS. So we indicated "manual retrofit done"

4) created a new TR in DTE in which we modified report ZZBDTEST_3, so we did get a LIMU REPS object. This is the TR of the example given. We correctly got CSOL lock. We released it, we got a correct icon in Retrofit. But an error when trying to actually retrofit this...

Kind regards,

Joyca

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca:

Many thanks for your reply.

"We correctly got CSOL lock.  We release it"  Did you manually go and delete the entry from /TMWFLOW/LOCKMON?  We never do that over here.  Well, kind of, but generally speaking they are taken care of when the transports and projects are moved to Production.

What about /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK?  Do you have downgrade protection enabled?  If yes, have you acknowledge or ignore the warnings in the DGP assignment block in the respective or affected change documents?  Could you attach a screenshot of your /TMWFLOW/CONFIG_LOCK to see how are the locks setup.

Sorry Joyca, I wish I was one of the experts to give you a solution with one click.  You have to live with that until somebody else jumps in.  Hopefully we can resolve it before that happens.

Regards,

Juan

PS.  What I am trying is to get more details to try to figure out where the lock is happening.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciate any answers very much, it's the purpose of SCN to help eachother out

With "We correctly got CSOL lock.  We release it"  I meant that we released the Transport Request (via status successfully tested). Maybe I wrote out the example a bit too short / telegram style

I didn't remove anything in the Lock Monitor. The Lock Monitor has correctly registered an entry for the Z-report on the DTA, which causes a correct CSOL pop-up when modifying this report in DTE.

Also the "yellow triangle" icon in Retrofit is Correct, this transport from DTE with modifications to the Z-report, should be retrofitted using SCWB (that's the purpose of our test).

So it is correct that my DTE transport is in the case "Retrofit with Transport Tool" because of the lock.

However, upon really clicking "Transport with SCWB" I run into the error and cannot continue...

About the CSOL/DGP configuration:

CSOL is active, the settings are set to "Warning Only".

DGP is not active (yet). (we're figuring out the impact and effort of the plug-in needed on the managed system for DGP first).

Regards,

Joyca

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon Joyca.

My apologies, time difference and a busy morning.  Well, let's see.

1.  Is SAP note 2231043 already implemented in your system?  Reading it in a glance it seems that it provides additional details for tracking purposes.

2.  With or without that note, please start via ST01 a trace on authorizations in the 3 systems: Solman, DTE, and DTA?

3   Try the retrofit once more and check in all the three systems for:

3.1  Security errors on the trace analysis in DTA and DTE for the user that is defined in SolMan in the RfC that should have names like:  SM_DTACLNT300_TMW and  SM_DTECLNT###_TMW?   I believe the user should be something like SMTM<SolManSID>.  Security trace analysis in SolMan for the user running the retrofit.

3.2  Run SLG1 and check logs for the 3 users mentioned above.  Hopefully there is any error with additional details to look into.

If you need assistance with ST01 or SLG1, please let me know.

4.  Also, would it be possible there is a sequencing dependency on the retrofit and you may be trying to move only one transport, but you need to start with an earlier generated one?  Sorry, but I need to ask, although if there is a dependency I believe the user is warned in advance.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Juan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan-Carlos,

Meanwhile I made a new test case, one without a CSOL lock. (so an auto-import scenario).

I also got an error, but this time a much more specific one: "No Transport of copies assigned to request for retrofit".

This allowed me to find back many more troubleshooting-results and got me to this blog:

I have indeed the issues as described in that blog, i.e. the application log showing the warning, the TOC being created in DTE but not getting exported.

The infrastructure team is now looking to create the missing domain link.

I'll also check to implement Note 2231043 you mentioned, it seems that it will provide more details indeed on my errors.

Kr,

Joyca

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're getting closer to a working retrofit step by step, but we're not fully there yet.

The issues as described in the blog "Fixing error with TOC" has been solved. Now upon releasing my TR in DTE, a TOC gets created  & released for retrofit towards DTA. However it does not arrive in DTA import queue...

We checked Note 1175098 "Change Request Management retrofit configuration",

A domain link was set up, trusted relation is present, RFC connections between solman, DTE and DTA are set up, the badi mentioned in the note was activated, ... we're not really sure what is still missing now.

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca:

How come you say the ToC gets created for retrofit towards DTA?  Where are you seen that happening if you do not see that in the DTA's import queue.  Are you seen that in SCMA?

Silly question but have you clicked the refresh button in transaction STMS in DTA's import queue screen, so that the import queue gets updated?

Regards,

Juan

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see this in SE10 in DTE.

Here is a screenshot from my Retrofit screen.

So my TR DTEK950406 is being retrofitted (to target TR DTAK900048).

For the retrofit, a TOC (DTEK950409) gets automatically created (by user SMTMPTS, PTS is solman prd system) and sent to DTA.300. So upon retrofit there is the error "Request DTEK950409 imported with return code 0152".

But in DTA it is not coming in the import queue.

Yes, I did refresh.

We're checking on server level if authorizations might be missing there, if the data/cofiles are present.

On my simulation landscape within solman dev everything is working fine. There I have clients 801-802-803-804 simulating DTE-QTE-QLE-PTE and clients 811-812-813 simulating DTA-QTA-QLA.

My Retrofit TOC TR is correctly coming in to the queue of 811 ("dta") there.

Kr,

Joyca

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca:

For 152 we provided an answer in https://scn.sap.com/thread/459781

Could you run the report RETRO_SERVICE_CREATE_RFIT_DATA.  I just want to see if it actually creates the ToCs in DTA on its own.  That error means that the ToC for the retrofit is not found.

Also, attached our Table for Retrofit Extension (SPRO ... Change Request Management Framework > Retrofit > Define Retrofit Parameters).  What value do you have in front of Transport of Copies Successful even if Warnings (RC=4)?

Please let us know.

Thanks for your patience,

Juan

PS.  The TMS alert may shed some light on what is happening if the ToC is not being shipped to DTA.

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cause was related to TMS setup. I'm unsure about the specific details but the infrastructure team has changed some configurations, a.o. a domain link between DTE and DTA, and something related to transport groups.

In fact, during an "auto-import" Retrofit scenario; technically this happens:

1) Upon the release of a transport (TR1) in DTE, a TOC is created of this transport in DTE (TOC1)

2) Upon the retrofit of TR1 towards the DTA system in a TR2, the TOC1 is "forwarded" to the transport group of DTA. TOC1 is imported into DTA, and the objects of this TOC are put into the TR2 retrofit transport for further progression into the DTA system.

It was this "forwarding" that was failing due to a setup related to the transport groups.

In How to work with Change Request Management Enhanced Retrofit - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki there are some details in the "auto import" scenario about this TOC creation and transport forwarding.

In any case thanks a lot for all your help!

Kr,

Joyca

former_member187281
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca.

I am glad it is working now, but I hope you did not have to work all the time trying to resolve it.  

Thanks for sharing the answer.  It may help someone in the future.

Enjoy your Summer,

Juan