Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SLD for migration PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to migrate from PI 7.0 to PI 7.4

Because an upgrade seems to be quite difficult, we decided to install a second integration server on 7.4 and migrate the flows one by one.

Our current SLD is on the PI 7.0, of course once the migration is finished, this system has to go.

We are thinking of creating a new SLD on the PI 7.4 system, but will it be possible to connect our ERP systems to 2 SLD's?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

- Your ERP system can connect to only one PI Server.

You have 2 options

• Export Technical System and Business System from PI 7.0 SLD and import to PI 7.4 SLD.
  • Or temporarily point RZ70 to PI 7.4, replicate Technical System and then create Business System Manually.

My recommendation would be to make PI 7.4 the new master SLD ( once all the SLD content is manually synched ) and then let all satellite systems also point to this PI 7.4 system..

Regards,

Bhavesh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

With a little trick you can connect one ERP to two PI systems:

About the SLD i think could be problematic if it was possible to connect one ERP to two SLC. IMO i think the export/import option is the best.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bravesh,

I have already created a setup where our ERP systems connect to 2 PI systems. This can be done based on the user name in SXMB_ADM > Integration Engine Configuration in the ERP system.

But in this case both PI systems were connected to the same SLD (the one on the 7.0).

We currently have a lot of critical flows running on the 7.0, so moving it all at once to the SLD 7.4 seems quite risky to me.

I am looking for a solution to point 1 ERP system to 2 SLD's each with a PI system:

PRD     <--> SLD <--> PI7.0

<--> SLD <--> PI7.4

Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

That's what I've been testing with, but in my case both PI systems were connected to the same SLD.

Do you think this would cause problems if they were both in a different SLD?

Kind regards

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

This is exactly what I had proposed.

as long as the ecc business system name is the same on both SLD there will be no issues.

if you are wondering how this will work: when Ecc triggers a message it will get the business system name from the SLD it is connected to, formulate the message and push to PI as per SXmb_adm settings. As long as the business system name is the same on both SLD and the same business system used in your configuration you will have no issues in the runtime.

which SLD becomes the primary is obviously up for discussion but this should definitely work..

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allright! Thanks for your help!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

yes you can sync the SLD technical system using export import option but I prefer to use the temporary RZ70 way for couple of reasons:

• Enables test if SLD synchronisation works for erp to new SLD so when older PI 7.0 system is demised you have already a working and tested connection.
  • this also helps resolve any sap gateway settings on PO server along with gateway sec and Reg info settings
  • oofcourse this can also be done post the migration of all interaces but at that time any gateway changes then would need an outage which business wouldn't appreciate, if tested before Go live of interfaces then you have Options to test and validate on production as well.

OOfcourse this is just one part of the story and like every approach there are cons to it as well and one size never fits all:)

regards

bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add, as the source SLD is PI 7.0 this manual  synchronization of content is required. iF PI 7.1 the sld auto synch would have done the trick..

regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)