cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM without Portal?

matthew_vincent
Explorer
0 Kudos

We currently have NetWeaver 7 for ECC, Enterprise Portal and SRM EHP2. The portal is the way most users currently access our ESS, MSS and SRM content.

We are upgrading ECC to 7.4, EHP 7 and turning on some of the HCM business functions to provide a richer ESS and MSS experience and we are looking to get rid of our Portal. We will be using the UI5 and ABAP WebDynpros served up from ECC directly for those.

I have been trying to get our current SRM content working either by OBN from ECC launchpads or from the Portal as it is but I have not been having much luck.

1. Is is possible to get SRM working without a portal?
  2. Is is possible to get SRM working via OBN from a launchpad in ECC NW 7.4?
  3. Any tips appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member219695
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew,

You can use NWBC (Netweaver Business client) /Portal-Independent Navigation Frame (

Portal-Independent Navigation Frame - SAP Library  ) instead of the SAP NW portal.

You can access and do most of the things which can be done in portal in NWBC. This NWBC doesnt need any new software component and it comes along with SRM. You just need to activate corresponding services in SICF.

Thanks

Shuvrajyoti

matthew_vincent
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Shuvrajyoti very useful.

We have looked in to NWBC and decided not to go in that direction as we prefer the UI5 look and feel over that of NWBC.

Do you know if there is a way to use launchpads with SRM without portal or NWBC?

former_member219695
Participant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1, It is OK to use SRM without portal, since you may use NWBC as framework.
2, What do you mean by launchpad? Do you mean fiori? As I know fiori will be supported by SRM, but until now only part of SRM functions will be delivered under fiori.
3, OBN can be used for both portal and NWBC. If launchpad means fiori, I guess OBN should also work.

BR,
Ivy