cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA task SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_000_CLIENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having this issue and am therefore attempting to run STC01 task SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_000_CLIENT as documented here Automatic Configuration Using Task Manager Task Lists - Search and Operational Analytics - SAP Libra... .

However, I have read here not to execute the task in client 000..

I have three questions:

1. Do I run this task in the Gateway box, of the S/4HANA box? (I have a stand-alone Gateway Hub, not integrated Gateway)
  2. How do I specify the client, and which client should I specify? I don't want to lose all existing services..
    1. Is there a guide for this/these tasks on how to execute them?
  3. Do I also need to run SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT and if so, where (Gateway/S/4HANA) and with which client?

I already have a number of Fiori apps up and running, and I don't want to break them by running this/these tasks?

Thank you,

Lindsay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

1. Gateway no need to run.

2. Collect system settings in task list SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_000_CLIENT can be used to set the target client.

3. In S/4HANA target client, run task list SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT

Notes: The above steps should be done before you configure Fact Sheets. For more information, please refer to http://help.sap.com/disclaimer?site=https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/Sol_Pack/Library/Config... -> 3.6 S/4 HANA System: Generic Configuration for Fact Sheets

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ning Tong,

Please could you help me to clarify:

1. You said "Gateway no need to run": are you saying that I do NOT need to run the task in Gateway? DO I need to run the task in S/4HANA instead then?

2. Thank you for showing how to set the clients: I haveone client and Gateway and two in S/4HANA. What client do I need to run the task on? On the development client, or the unit testing client?

Thank you

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

1. You do not need to execute in gateway. You need to run in S/4HANA.

2. In my case, we have one client in gateway and one client in S/4HANA. For two clients in S/4HANA, you can refer to this discussion SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT | SCN

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ning, I'll do this and mark your answer as "correct" when it is successful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ning! I have no successfully been able to load the Materials OData service (CB_MATERIAL_SRV) into Gateway after running the two tasks:

- SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT in client 000, but with client 220 specified

- SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_WRK_CLIENT in client 220 (work client)

I got errors on both tasks, but they seem to have achieved what I needed, so for now this is alright.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

I suppose that 'I have NOW successfully been able to load the Materials OData service (CB_MATERIAL_SRV) into Gateway after running the two tasks'

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haha, yes, sorry, typo! NOW, not "no" Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning Tong,

We are implementing the Fiori in our landscape and I ran SAP_ESH_INITIAL_SETUP_000_CLIENT using STC01 in client 000 but for Collect System Settings we gave client 000 and started the job.

But in another SCN forum, they have mentioned not to give 000 it has to be the working client so I cancelled the running job but it ran for almost 45 min but got cancelled and then I ran it with client 500, the job got completed with warnings.

So just worried that any mistake we have done as in other forum they mentioned if we run it as client 000 it will erase all models.

Can you please confirm or any work around for that in case if it is erased like how to bring back the models

Regards,

Ernest