Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute view schema name changed

former_member201804
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just learning SAP HANA on Ides system and as you are aware there would be so many like me are sharing the same system.

Few days back I have created some attribute views and this morning when I wanted to use them, found they are all in red, and the schema names from which the tables were selected are all changed to some other name.

I can imagine if one or two tables changed but all in one day not sure how could this happen and this would be a great learning for me to understand how can we change all the tables involved in attribute view's schema.

Could any one please help me to unravel the way to change or revert back to my original schema please?

In the following screen shot all the highlighted Schema names were BEST and now changed to SAP_ECC and I want to revert all the tables in all the various other attribute views to my original schema.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RashmiAcharya
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you still have the schema with all the tables and your user has all the authorization for accesing that schema you can solve this by once of the below steps.

First,

You can create Schema Mapping between SAP_ECC schema and new schema (or BEST schema). For this you can follow below steps

1. Goto Modeler perspective

2. Help menu > Quick View

3. Select Schema Mapping from Quick View

4. Select the systems > click Next

5. Enter SAP_ECC as Authoring Schema and new/BEST as Physical schema

6. Click on Finish

Second,

You can change all the tables in the views pointing to new/BEST schema. For this you can follow below steps

1. Goto Modeler perspective

2. Help menu > Qucik View

3. Select Change Authoring Schema

4. Select your system > click Next

5. Select All the packages having your views using SAP_ECC tables and add them to right side

6. Type Source as SAP_ECC and Target as BEST

7. Click on Finish

8. Activate all views via Activation button in Quick View

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rashmi